Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Tradd, could you please explain the significance of the 150ft? What changes with completion of this course?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Tradd, could you please explain the significance of the 150ft? What changes with completion of this course?
    Recreational diving limit is 130ft. I’ll be taught to do staged decompression stops with breathing gas containing more than 50% O2 to accelerate the nitrogen bubbles getting out of my body. No deco stops, you’re at much greater risk for the bends with the deeper diving. I’ll also be able to use up to 35% helium to lessen nitrogen narcosis. I get narced bad at 130ft. It’s a safety issue - bring narced is like being drunk, but it’s all mental. It lessens or goes away when you ascend, but you can’t do that when you have deco stops you have to do. It’s called a soft ceiling (having deco obligations) rather than the hard ceiling of an actual overhead (cave/wreck). You want to have your wits about you if there’s an emergency rather than having slowed reactions. I also want to remember the deeper diving I do. Not remembering things afterward is another byproduct of being narced.

Thanks for the info, Tradd. 20ft deeper underwater would have a much greater pressure but I had not considered that.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Thanks for the info, Tradd. 20ft deeper underwater would have a much greater pressure but I had not considered that.
    That, plus staying down longer.

Sorry to hear about your diving buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Sorry to hear about your diving buddy.
    Thank you!

1E3B0301-E79B-4CF8-927C-C2163DCDD2C3.jpg

AC0734D4-2C41-46AA-928C-B09995187EBF.jpg

Class starts Saturday. Just the one day. Instructor’s schedule has gotten complicated due to a number of factors so things are going to be a bit more spread out.

Forgot to post these photos from a few weeks back when a Michigan friend who is also an instructor worked for me for half a day. The deco bottle which is the smaller tank on my left side has taken a lot of getting used to! Both tanks are going a bit butt up which isn’t streamlined. That has gotten fixed. Working on my frog kick on the surface. This really helped!

Thread Information