Page 340 of 359 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3590

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    How is it literally, or even figuratively, a federal issue if it's an individual business that has that requirement?
    Itís not. Itís a problem with government compiling more information about me.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It’s not. It’s a problem with government compiling more information about me.
    You’ve obviously never gone through a background check by the Feds! I had one for my customs broker license. Fingerprinted for that, too. Plus multiple background checks and fingerprints for my concealed carry permit/FOID card.

It doesn’t bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Youíve obviously never gone through a background check by the Feds! I had one for my customs broker license. Fingerprinted for that, too. Plus multiple background checks and fingerprints for my concealed carry permit/FOID card.

It doesnít bother me.
    I went through all the rigamarole for a TS clearance back in my military days. But that was for a purpose I saw some value to. I donít happen to think giving up a bit more privacy with regard to which shots Iíve had is especially worth it.

I went through all the rigamarole for a TS clearance back in my military days. But that was for a purpose I saw some value to. I donít happen to think giving up a bit more privacy with regard to which shots Iíve had is especially worth it.
    Do you honestly think they donít know? The government already knows everything. Including the last time you drove down whatever freeway is near you. This fact is why Edward Snowden now lives elsewhere.

I think many countries aren’t going to let people in without a vaccine passport.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Do you honestly think they donít know? The government already knows everything. Including the last time you drove down whatever freeway is near you. This fact is why Edward Snowden now lives elsewhere.
    I honestly think they donít know. And even if I were paranoid enough to believe they did, I wouldnít want to make it any easier for them.

I honestly think they don’t know. And even if I were paranoid enough to believe they did, I wouldn’t want to make it any easier for them.
    Facebook knows. And if facebook knows so does the government.

If you don't want the government to know then just don't sign up for an optional vaccine passport. But live with the consequences when you get denied entry to businesses that prefer that their customers have concern for their other customers. Free will and all that.

What does "vaccine passport" mean, precisely?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does "vaccine passport" mean, precisely?
    It seems to depend on one's perspective. Personally I take it to mean something similar to what NY state has planned to implement. A government built system that will record it when people voluntarily submit evidence that they have been vaccinated so that they can then patronize businesses that choose of their own free will to restrict patronage to vaccinated people. Those businesses will trust that the database is accurate and free of fraudulently claimed vaccination, which seems more rational than 400,000 businesses each individually having to create a system for verifying vaccination.

Other people seem to have an idea that the government is going to get all "papers please" and use these systems to prevent people from voting or walking down the street or whatever. But those concerns seem, to me at least, about as warranted as the people who have equated wearing a mask to the grocery store as almost identical to the oppression of Jews during the holocaust.

I suspect that a lot of the people who claim fear of a "papers please" government are actually more afraid that if the government creates an effective voluntary system of tracking vaccination that a lot of businesses will chose to require vaccination for anyone who wants to patronize them so they would prefer that confirming vaccination be as difficult as possible so as to thwart the free will of businesses that want to keep everyone safe.

So, a sort of "...and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name" thing? :-)

Thread Information