Page 350 of 359 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3590

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Gardnr,

this is why I basically no longer post here. I fail miserably and frequently to communicate with others here.

let me rephrase.

first two lines - you may very well be irretrievably burned out, I am not in a position to judge.

But I see what you do and I know that we need you, and while you may not be able to do what you are doing anymore, I hope you will not just tell us all to go to hell. Because I don’t want to see the world in the hands of the people who are not stressed by this.

my masks are cloth and I wash them and I put them back on and I go teach and I say “please cover your nose” dozens of times a day. And I tell high school kids truths about vaccines and where to find good information. Because that is what I can do.

my profession lost a lot of good people this year as well, and I grieve that too.
    I understood what you were saying, I think. I took it too be supportive, encouraging and appreciative. It's kind of like when we talk about the environment and Catherine says she believes all the little things surely add up to make some degree of difference, and are therefore worth doing even if the big picture can seem discouraging.

It would be nice to have a social reset, maybe when we reach herd immunity we can do this.

I think about that Twilight Zone where they are all rushing to get into the neighborhood bomb shelter. The real horror is how they treat each other, not the bomb.

Rod Serling was really brilliant, and prescient.

My cousin, who lost her dd fall of last year, just lost her SO - to COVID.

People are still dying from this!!! But you just keep on whining, Yppej, and pray it doesn't happen to you or your son or your parents or your brother or any other close family member because you selfishly think doing something as simple as wearing a mask is dumb dumb dumb dumb. Take your whining and _____ (you know what goes in the blank!)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Gardnr,

first two lines - you may very well be irretrievably burned out, I am not in a position to judge.

But I see what you do and I know that we need you, and while you may not be able to do what you are doing anymore, I hope you will not just tell us all to go to hell. Because I donít want to see the world in the hands of the people who are not stressed by this.
    4 decades of service is enough for me. I've made it through HIV, Ebola, H1N1, now Covid. I've come out unscathed d/t a lifetime of diligence and expertise in Infection Control.

No, I'm not telling anyone to go to hell. I am exhausted educating, answering questions and still being told science is wrong. DONE. Just DONE.

You know that frosting on the cake thing? I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    No, I'm not telling anyone to go to hell. I am exhausted educating, answering questions and still being told science is wrong. DONE. Just DONE.

You know that frosting on the cake thing? I'm there.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    My cousin, who lost her dd fall of last year, just lost her SO - to COVID.

People are still dying from this!!!
    I am so very sorry HS. My condolences to your family.

Happy, I am so sorry about your family’s loss. That’s really sad.

I saw that Ivanka Trump had a photo op of her getting her second Pfizer vaccine, and it caused a huge backlash among Trump's base. Tweets like "I love your family, but no way! I'll pray you don't get those awful side effects." I guess this is what happens when you pivot on a critical message in a way that's too little too late.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

People are still puzzling over this virus.

I was talking with one guy about the animal origins of covid, and how bats are involved in the transmission chain. He wondered if bats are eaten in China, and mentioned that Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat.

Another guy said that covid is a contributing factor to the deaths but often not the cause. An analogy would be AIDS. Pneumonia may be the cause of death listed, and may have hastened the person's death, but really it was AIDS that killed them. Similarly, most people who have died of covid have underlying health conditions or are elderly and covid just tipped them over the edge. I hope all high risk folks are getting vaccinated. No one wants anyone to die, but if they don't get vaccinated it's on them. I saw a news report the other day, I think from Michigan, stating that not a single case of covid that has come into a hospital there recently is of a person who is vaccinated. Yet the myths still persist that vaccines don't work, you can still catch covid, you can still transmit it, etc. I am getting really annoyed with the anti-vaxxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Another guy said that covid is a contributing factor to the deaths but often not the cause. An analogy would be AIDS. Pneumonia may be the cause of death listed, and may have hastened the person's death, but really it was AIDS that killed them. Similarly, most people who have died of covid have underlying health conditions or are elderly and covid just tipped them over the edge. I hope all high risk folks are getting vaccinated.
    Umm, your data has some real weakness. Another guy? Sheesh, you really do hate fact and science don't you. Just when I think you can't get any more ridiculous!

Thread Information