Page 356 of 365 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3643

Thread: Conavirus......

Catherine, I had to watch because our democracy was threatened and I needed to know what was happening. I never felt that way about any other president.

I think I've been at about the same level for the last 2-3 years with minor fluctuations here and there.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My state's mask mandate is sort of going away May 29th for vaccinated people - transportation, schools, daycare centers and health care settings will still require masks, and businesses can also require them.

Hooray! It is time to celebrate those of us who have survived. In these forums very few if any have lost a member of their immediate family to covid. Few report being hospitalized or having serious problems from covid.

I think of this as a war we waged, and just as we celebrated when other wars were over with ticker tape parades (despite war casualties), we should be happy. It does not mean we aren't sad some have died, but with Warp Speed vaccines it means we have won. Yes, someone could still die - think of Japanese soldiers holed up on remote islands who didn't know the war was over, and could fire on you if you approached them after hostilities ended in WW2 - but we won. We should be so happy!!!

Thank you for all your service on the front lines, Yppej.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Thank you for all your service on the front lines, Yppej.
    You're welcome. Being an essential worker working on site (not remotely in my pajamas) throughout the pandemic has not always been easy for me, but I made it.

Maybe the daily whining helped. Good for the heart, right.

Technically my bosses/company owners could have brought me in as an "essential worker" anytime, like my bfs "essential work" selling stuff to rich people pretty much. But my bosses took it all seriously and didn't. They didn't have to treat us well and care about our heath of course. But they did.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, I had to watch because our democracy was threatened and I needed to know what was happening. I never felt that way about any other president.
    I hear you, but I just couldn't take the relentless onslaught. I have to say, I can't stand Chris Cuomo. Don Lemon, fine. Anderson Cooper Fine. Chris Cuomo is like nails on a blackboard. I'd rather read online newspapers, which I can click off of and which doesn't hammer my brain 24/7.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My state's mask mandate is sort of going away May 29th for vaccinated people - transportation, schools, daycare centers and health care settings will still require masks, and businesses can also require them.

Hooray! It is time to celebrate those of us who have survived. In these forums very few if any have lost a member of their immediate family to covid. Few report being hospitalized or having serious problems from covid.

I think of this as a war we waged, and just as we celebrated when other wars were over with ticker tape parades (despite war casualties), we should be happy. It does not mean we aren't sad some have died, but with Warp Speed vaccines it means we have won. Yes, someone could still die - think of Japanese soldiers holed up on remote islands who didn't know the war was over, and could fire on you if you approached them after hostilities ended in WW2 - but we won. We should be so happy!!!
    You can celebrate your "survivor selfishness" and twisted sense of "victory" over something that has devastated the entire planet and is NOT really over yet. I really do feel very, very sorry for you and your warped perception of the value of life.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    You can celebrate your "survivor selfishness" and twisted sense of "victory" over something that has devastated the entire planet and is NOT really over yet. I really do feel very, very sorry for you and your warped perception of the value of life.
    Reply in Selfish thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Reply in Selfish thread.

Thread Information