Page 360 of 365 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 3643

Thread: Conavirus......

Dr. John Campbell, one of the people I've been trusting for good info throughout the pandemic posted an interesting video a few days ago. Apparently the CDC has been testing blood donations for seroprevalence of covid in blood donations and had found that roughly 49% of donors were showing covid antibodies as of March 21st. At that same point in time only about 13% of Americans had been vaccinated. Based on that he guesses that anywhere from 36-49% of people nationwide have actually been infected. (some are likely showing antibodies because of vaccination but many (most?) of the people have the antibodies because of previous infection, some of whom had also since been vaccinated making an exact number of previous infections impossible.) If this is accurate than asymptomatic, or at least minor symptomatic, cases are pretty common. And the low current case counts/hospitalizations across the country regardless of vaccination rate in any given region are a good indicator that we actually are getting close to a level of herd immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpyvAv-oFQ

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Dr. John Campbell, one of the people I've been trusting for good info throughout the pandemic posted an interesting video a few days ago. Apparently the CDC has been testing blood donations for seroprevalence of covid in blood donations and had found that roughly 49% of donors were showing covid antibodies as of March 21st. At that same point in time only about 13% of Americans had been vaccinated. Based on that he guesses that anywhere from 36-49% of people nationwide have actually been infected. (some are likely showing antibodies because of vaccination but many (most?) of the people have the antibodies because of previous infection, some of whom had also since been vaccinated making an exact number of previous infections impossible.) If this is accurate than asymptomatic, or at least minor symptomatic, cases are pretty common. And the low current case counts/hospitalizations across the country regardless of vaccination rate in any given region are a good indicator that we actually are getting close to a level of herd immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpyvAv-oFQ
    That is cheerful news.

https://medium.com/@dan.jeffries/cor...s-88fa1681810c

Not trying to trigger a defence rebuttal from anyone but sharing with the hope that the experience of these countries helps longterm planning in the coming years.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I just heard horror stories about the transmissibility of the Delta variant. Supposedly it takes six seconds of passing exposure to infect. Yikes!

Razz, it’s a interesting article.

From Razz's article "The German government reacted swiftly, with lockdowns, cutting off flights from everywhere, not just from places that were politically expedient. The US did the opposite, blocking only a few flights from China when the disease had long since spread beyond its borders, all while letting in whoever else wanted to show up with no quarantine policy."

Also from that article, Taiwan stopped travel from everywhere. Not profiled but also successful with this approach was New Zealand.

Gee, I guess maybe I'm not the only one who knows a little about epidemiology and the efficacy of travel bans. Maybe it was a stupid idea to allow unlimited travel by citizens to and from India.

Jane if the delta variant is that transmissible we will peak soon if we haven't already.

Article is a bit addicted to the narrative of what each country is though. The U.S. messed up the messaging on masks, yes well so did the W.H.O.. "American entrepreneurs love to place big, risky bets", yes but that bet was of course as it mentioned government backed, it wouldn't have happened without it, it's in many ways the success of government going big on spending for the moonshot. 12 billion. Despite the poor safety net. Which of course is usually true, but was less true during covid with all the extra money in unemployment and stimulus. It wasn't $600, it was that on top of the usual unemployment payments (which do vary by state)
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

First time in an airport since last March. The number of maskholes is surprising. Roughly a third of the men and a sixth of the women either have their nose out or think covid is transmitted through the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    First time in an airport since last March. The number of maskholes is surprising. Roughly a third of the men and a sixth of the women either have their nose out or think covid is transmitted through the chin.
    They're probably fully vaccinated and unconcerned about catching or transmitting Covid, simply going through the motions of government's edicts. Maybe if you yelled at them and called them names someone's perspective might change.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I'd just suspect that the mask hole people and the unvaccinated could intersect significantly since both could be presumed an issue of personal freedom.

The local news for my small suburban area reported two fully vaccinated people contracted what they assume to be the delta variant since it is now the dominate strain in my state. The article didn't mention hospitalization or not. They had recently attended an outdoor country western concert with 100,000 people. The article said they'd traced several other cases to the concert gathering. I didn't see anything especially alarming since they say break though cases are expected, but still a good reminder to be careful. I don't think we know everything about the delta version yet.

Thread Information