Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: New job update

Hope you get it. My ex lasted 6 weeks in a warehouse. He has neuropathy from diabetes and every part of his body hurt and it was impacting his ability to use 2 of his fingertips. Few older people worked there. He has lost 50lbs and hiked frequently so he didn’t think it would be a problem physically.

Good luck, since you already worked there it's probably very good odds.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Good luck, Happy!

Thanks, everyone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Fingers crossed for you happystuff!

First full paycheck today! Works out to an additional $670 a month from what I’d been getting.

Had a chat with one of the owners yesterday (the Indian one with an IT background). He told me to contact the software provider to have a chat. He said to tell them what I liked about the software I’d worked on for 13 years to see if current software can do anything of those things. If the software can do those things, then owners will consider the costs for the upgrades. One thing is getting an email everytime you get a message from Customs’ system. Handy for when there are sudden issues you can see right away.

Got health insurance paperwork to fill out. The two bascule Blue cross plans they pay for are a bit bare bones for me. I can choose another plan, but will only have to pay 10% of the plan cost. Which would work out to about $60/month, which is very little!

Things continue to be good.

That is a huge increase in monthly income!

Sure is! Throwing a lot at my cc.

I'd be tempted to send a thank you note to your former employer--your new job sounds like a major upgrade.

I’m at lunch now. Right before I went to lunch the import supervisor was asking me to do something customs related that is so wrong and illegal. I told her no and she was almost screaming at me. I simply told her that what she wanted me to do was incorrect and walked away, leaving for lunch. When the one owner snd I had the talk yesterday, I’d mentioned I’d been having issues with her just pushing stuff off on me to get rid of it.

Thread Information