Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: New job update

CYA and make a record at home.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    CYA and make a record at home.
    Oh, I am. There’s always a fly in the ointment and the import supervisor seems to be it. Chick seems to be very disorganized and ignores her emails. I sent an email yesterday afternoon advising i needed two pieces of information. I went over to her desk and told her to please look at the email I just sent, as I needed the info ASAP. She tells me she’s too busy and can’t be interrupted. This morning she emails me asking why so and so wasn’t done. I just attached the email I’d sent yesterday to my reply and told her without the info I needed, this task wasn’t going to get done. She claimed to not remember the email.

This thing got dumped on me because the import person who had been doing them was overloaded. Doing these things is in my job description, but this one was a weird exception that I’d never encountered before. I was very honest I’d not done this exception before and was going to do my best. If you don’t get me the info I need, I can’t help you.

I just keep my mouth shut and laugh to myself. This chick’s desk is a mess. I can’t imagine how she gets stuff done.

Import supervisor has been behaving herself.

It’s amusing. After all the grief the previous boss gave me about my “subpar” excel skills, mine are on the same level or slightly above those of current coworkers.

I created a very simple spreadsheet for customs contact info in all the different port of entries. They were oohing and ahhing. A lot of them can’t add and delete lines. Heck I even know the keyboard shortcuts to do that!

That's cool, Tradd; that would build my confidence!

And it’s another data point that proves the previous boss was off his rocker.

Today was so nice and such a boost! Got a call from a contact at a company whose clearances I’d done for 5-6 years, until late 2018 or so. They had then left my old company and went elsewhere. Turns out they are NOT happy at all with the broker they’ve been with. They had internal conversations about when things had worked well and they all said it was when I was handling them. So they looked me up on LinkedIn and called today. Had a conference call with this contact and one of new company’s owners today. Looks really good about them switching.

Owners were just thrilled. Major brownie points for me!

Wow! That is so good. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Trade, that’s great!!

Win-win!

Excellent, Tradd!!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information