Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

So glad for you Happy!! I know warehouse jobs are miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I got the local, 2nd shift custodial job! I start later next month. I officially put in my two weeks notice to the warehouse. I'm happy, nervous and excited. LOL. Will be taking a week in between to go see my mom.
    Great news! How is the pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So glad for you Happy!! I know warehouse jobs are miserable.
    It depends on what you do in the warehouse. Order picking for eCommerce, yes, it seems. But if all you’re doing is running a forklift and loading trucks, it’s a lot different. I have several friends that do the latter. They like it.

Thank you, everyone!

Tradd, the pay is a few cents more than what I make at this moment. However, the warehouse presented a new pay scale last week where, starting in July. I would have been making about $1.25 more - so not a big increase. I can live on what the new job will be, plus it is about 10 minutes from home (if I don't hit all the lights - lol) and no mandatory OT unless it snows. The new job starts 30 minutes earlier than the current warehouse job, but the warehouse job had about a 30-40 minutes drive - so, I would be leaving the house about the same time and getting off 1/2 hour earlier. I'm thinking I'll be adjusting my sleep/wake up time by about an hour.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Running a forklift is fairly similar no matter where you do it. When I talk about warehouse work I mean the picking and packing which is tough work because of the production standards most places have.

So glad for you, happy, you deserve it, and enjoy the new shorter commute!

Congrats! Enjoy your time off too!

That is excellent news, Happy! The warehouse job didn't sound very pleasant, but you were a trooper about doing what you had to do. So glad better things are ahead for you!

Again, thanks so much, everyone. That actually already scheduled a "resignation" meeting - apparently to find out why I am leaving. Was told this was normal. I'm thinking similar to an "exit interview", but I'll find out today. Happening quickly as I just sent 2 weeks notice yesterday. Again, I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks, frugal-one. I still have to find tickets and will pay whatever I need to on such short notice, but I'm super excited to see my mother and other siblings - even for a short time. It was been wayyyyy too long.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Work funny: guy who started several weeks ago called today to say he wouldn’t be back. An aunt had died and left him enough money that he didn’t need to work. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but it was damned creative!

Thread Information