Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

While this year's festivities may be different for many folks, I wish everyone a healthy and happy Thanksgiving.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

You, too!

Worked a bit this morning. Then I drive up to WI this afternoon for cave diving class which begins tomorrow.

Thank you, happystuff -- the same for you and yours and the rest of the SLF bunch.

DW made like a short-order cook yesterday -- largely on her own, at her request. and this morning we plated meals for our seven virtual guests. There would have been an eighth, but she (MiL) fell at assisted living and is now in the hospital (and OK after dislocating her shoulder); I am guessing they will be serving turkey there. We've saved MiL some of her favorites for later.

We made the rounds to drop off the food and then headed home to load the dishwasher (again) and enjoy our Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, cheesy bread, cheesy vegetable hot dish (family favorite usually cooked by our recently-deceased DS/SiL), deviled eggs, raw veggies and dip, pumpkin pie for some, salted caramel chocolate bars for others. I'm tired just thinking of the menu and have to think I never would have been so nice as to cook for ten. There are some leftovers but I doubt they'll see Saturday. All the food (what I would eat of it anyway) was quite tasty. I might just have to retire from the kitchen!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hope the class was fun, Tradd.

Steve - your dinner sounds fabulous! And so nice to share.

We had a great time as well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Tradd, stay warm. Getting anywhere near water today sounds horrible, but I understand you dress for it.

I will be in bed watching West Wing, thinking of you in the lake, and admiring your bravado.

Thread Information