Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

Teacher Terry, I am so happy for how this year has turned out for you. You worked hard, fast and sensibly! Now you are safe, comfortable and able to sit on a lovely balcony with a lovely view. Congratulations and BRAVO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Teacher Terry, I am so happy for how this year has turned out for you. You worked hard, fast and sensibly! Now you are safe, comfortable and able to sit on a lovely balcony with a lovely view. Congratulations and BRAVO!!!
    Yes, agreed!

Ns-wef, thanks so much). It was stressful but feels right now. My dogs are finally playing with each other and toys. Poor things were stressed out too.

You are a role model for change. Well done!!

Today I ordered a bigger toilet that’s taller like I had in the house. The bathroom sink is cracked so ordered a new one and needed a new faucet since the old one won’t fit. I also am getting a new light. I love the vanity and stone countertop that’s there. That’s all I am doing to the bathroom. The bathtub is very low and the tile around it fine so decided that spending at a minimum 5k and probably more wasn’t worth it to me. My son doesn’t know how long he is staying so I am getting all my work done while I have a free handyman).

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Totally agree! And agree with the "you are a role model for change".
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My son mentioned today that I hadn’t bought the closet organizers so I did that today. Yesterday I met the president of the HOA and she said that you can get permission to install a washer and dryer in your unit because the entry closet shares a wall with the bathroom. In the month I have been here I have done 4 loads and only dry towels, sheets, undies, socks and pjs so don’t think it would be worth the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My son mentioned today that I hadn’t bought the closet organizers so I did that today. Yesterday I met the president of the HOA and she said that you can get permission to install a washer and dryer in your unit because the entry closet shares a wall with the bathroom. In the month I have been here I have done 4 loads and only dry towels, sheets, undies, socks and pjs so don’t think it would be worth the expense.
    Are you short on closets? The convenience of my own laundry would be worth it especially with having the dogs and stuff that they mess. Also, it may add value to your condo as a feature available now but possibly not later due to changes by the HOA.
    I know that you are planning on being there for a duration.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Are you short on closets? The convenience of my own laundry would be worth it especially with having the dogs and stuff that they mess. Also, it may add value to your condo as a feature available now but possibly not later due to changes by the HOA.
    I know that you are planning on being there for a duration.
    that is an interesting note of changes the hOA could make. In my condo building, washer dryer hook ups were allowed for some years but now are no longer allowed because they don’t want to drill into the historic brick.

My own unit is small enough that I would not want to take up space with a washer dryer and I don’t mind using one downstairs anyway in a public area.

My condo only has 3 closets and my son is taking up half of one by leaving some of his tools, etc when he leaves. Considering that I have only done 4 loads in a month it doesn’t seem worth it. The plumbing in my bathroom is not on the wall that shares the closet so my son said moving the plumbing is a big expense.

When I was in the house I used cloth pads but now use disposable ones here. So laundry is only costing me 11/month. I throw the dog beds in with my towels and their clothes in with my pjs. Maltese are not real dogs so never get in dirt, mud or water when walking them). In fact they refuse to walk in bad weather. My kids will inherit the condo so I don’t care about resale value. When I had a big dog he did make laundry for me.

Thread Information