Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

I will definitely post pictures. I ordered my refrigerator and stove online from Lowe’s last night and it arrives on the 23rd. Apartment size stoves have to be bought online so I just did both. I also found a single door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. After seeing the size of my condo yesterday I put 4 more small furniture items up for sale. Although it’s the same size as my first condo the layout is different so I had overestimated. The patio can hold my new table that I bought a month before I knew about my husband. Luckily I bought smaller than what I had. 2 of my comfy outdoor chairs will fit. I already sold the other 2.

IL, based on your recommendation I got the 24” stove instead of the 20”. The dishwasher is among the white cabinets and is white so I am leaving that. My refrigerator is stainless steel and the stove is a combination of stainless and black. With the black granite countertops it should look good. Also I was able to get a regular size refrigerator. Not huge but big enough for 2 people with a decent size freezer when my son lives with me. I went with a single door instead of French door because I was concert about how far I could open the left door with the stove. Plus the one thing I don’t like about my refrigerator now is that if you don’t close the left side first it often doesn’t shut all the way. This is really the fun part now choosing everything.

So exciting!!! Congrats again and have fun with all the preps!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So my house and condo were supposed to close today and it’s not happening. The buyers will be in the same town on Monday so will sign in California. My condo will close by Wednesday at the latest. I have the movers scheduled for the 28th and hopefully I don’t have to move them for the 4th time. I am hiring my son’s friend to help so it will go faster with 2 people working. The walk through was videotaped and sent to the buyers and just waiting for them to sign off on it. The buyers called me and asked for information about the utilities and said how much they loved the house so that’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So my house and condo were supposed to close today and it’s not happening. The buyers will be in the same town on Monday so will sign in California. My condo will close by Wednesday at the latest. I have the movers scheduled for the 28th and hopefully I don’t have to move them for the 4th time. I am hiring my son’s friend to help so it will go faster with 2 people working. The walk through was videotaped and sent to the buyers and just waiting for them to sign off on it. The buyers called me and asked for information about the utilities and said how much they loved the house so that’s good.
    So why didn’t it close again?

Because the wife is in California and the husband in Texas for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Because the wife is in California and the husband in Texas for work.
    Hunh. I’m sure there’s nothing nefarious about this or anything to worry about, but I just find this odd.They have a contract to deliver a check to you on April 16. I guess. Whatever, I don’t know enough about the situation to comment.

A contract means nothing). If it did I wouldn’t be getting my condo. Those sellers have had to sign countless addendums to extend my closing. I made my offer in February and they are still waiting. I am not worried because if they walk now they lose their 4K because they have accepted all the inspections, etc and all conditions have been removed from the contract. It’s just frustrating as I want to get going remodeling my condo. Plus they called me last night to ask about utilities and were going on how much they liked the house. The husband is in the military and that’s why he was gone.

Terry it is going to be so great when you get into your new place! Photos to follow, I hope.

Continued crossed-fingers and good luck!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yes we are moving into it on the 28th and will take pictures to share. My new appliances come on the 23rd. My son’s friend is going to help so things should go quickly with 2 people. I also bought a fancy chandelier for the dining room. I bought a matching pole and table lamp since the living area is open so it should look good with all 3 matching. The only thing I am not remodeling until my son is gone is the bathroom. With only one too difficult to have it out of commission because he will be working. I am going to take out the bathtub and have a tiled walk in shower with a seat. I also want a high toilet like I have here. Really makes it easier to get up when my back is out.

Thread Information