Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What are you reading - 2021?

Dado had suggested reading Bill Bryson's Shakespeare: the world as stage. It is really interesting in describing the horrible lives that people lived in that time period. The plague came and went regularly and theatre shut down along with so many other interactions in people's lives. Society suffered and survived. What a wake-up!
    Bryson really clarifies how little we know about Shakespeare himself. Good book!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Dado had suggested reading Bill Bryson's Shakespeare: the world as stage. It is really interesting in describing the horrible lives that people lived in that time period. The plague came and went regularly and theatre shut down along with so many other interactions in people's lives. Society suffered and survived. What a wake-up!
    Bryson really clarifies how little we know about Shakespeare himself. Good book!
    I think I'll try to get a copy of that book! I love Bill Bryson, but I never read his book about Shakespeare. Great writer/Shakespeare/history--how can I resist?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Assume Nothing by a woman who was in an abusive relationship with the attorney general of New York

Just got a pile of Bill Bryson books from the library to take on vacation. also an Anne Cleeves- Shetland .

Thread Information