Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: I Hate My House (Long)

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    In his final note he wrote that I don't need to accommodate him anymore because I don't care and have to have my own way. He said, "I give up. You win."

So I do not anticipate him being overbearing.
    Well then he gives up easily, good for him. I don’t think it’s gonna be that easy. But if so, why the hell did you take so long to draw that boundary? No answer necessary just a rhetorical question.

"I suspect this is a temporary lull in the storm and he will get mad and exhibit overbearing behavior again. But in his favor he does visit visit a therapist so that is something, that hes addressing his illness."

Is the therapist helping him make any sort of progress? Does he have assignments?

I suspect he knows at some level that it's time for him to fledge, which is fueling his anger and discomfort.

I do not know who his therapist is and even if I did could not discuss him with her due to confidentiality laws. I am confident he does in fact go for therapy and he also takes medication.

I left DS a note today that next after the ceiling will be the shed if he still wants it, and he has to let me know by the end of the week or I will proceed to another project instead. I also wrote that while he has said we no longer have a parent/child but a landlady/tenant relationship I do not accept that characterization and I will not be plowing/shoveling to get his car out as a lessor might for a lessee.

I came home to no response.

I left DS a note today that next after the ceiling will be the shed if he still wants it, and he has to let me know by the end of the week or I will proceed to another project instead. I also wrote that while he has said we no longer have a parent/child but a landlady/tenant relationship I do not accept that characterization and I will not be plowing/shoveling to get his car out as a lessor might for a lessee.

I came home to no response.
    I don’t understand what this means. I’m reading it as you plan to build a shed to keep your son’s car out of the snow. Is that right? It’s confusing because I don’t see how that keeps anyone from shoveling a car out of a driveway, but maybe I don’t understand.

He has terrible social anxiety and wants to minimize his time outdoors where people can see him shoveling so he used his $1200 stimulus and bought a snowblower. So when the ground thaws we have to get a shed to put it in since a device with gas cannot be in the house, plus the house has no ramp to move it down. We do not have a garage. He will not let me shovel because he says it makes him look bad to the neighbors
    The shed would be for a snowblower but I would also put gardening tools in it.

He no longer does anything since he cut me off, despite what the neighbors might think, so I expect to shovel myself out this winter but I'm not shoveling behind or around his car.

Thread Information