Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: I Hate My House (Long)

The hardest thing I ever did was change the locks when my son with a drug problem was living with me. He wouldn’t get help and was stealing from me. He was in his early 20’s. I was driving downtown one day and he was standing on a street corner. I am grateful we are no longer in the same city. Yes change the locks and reclaim your life by selling your house.

It is now over a week since DS has been gone. No one has heard from him since Monday when my brother was involved in the police wellness check on him. I am sure he is extra angry I filed a missing persons report.

I am hopeful if he is homeless that will help expedite housing for him. There is no evidence he has come by the house. I hope he has some meds with him. I do see a couple full prescription bottles laying around the house.

Meanwhile on the house front I recaulked the bathroom today. He is highly sensitive to sensory input and the smell always bothers him, so I figured now is a good time to do that. It looks much better.

Aw That’s got to be really hard for you not knowing where your son is, and not knowing if he is ok.

It is IL. Thank you for your sympathy.

I really hope your son is seeking help with housing and his other issues. Not knowing is really tough.

I am so sorry you are going through this, Yppej, this must be really scary.

TY Tybee. I figure it is much harder for him, and wish I could go back in time and be more patient with him so he would still be here. At his age it is not unusual to leave home, but I wish he were pulled away by a relationship or a career and not pushed by unhappiness. It is sad he is choosing to be homeless. My brother told him he can't expect me to be perfect, but one of the characteristics of his illness is very rigid black and white thinking.

Some people just need an awful lot of space too. I read today that Kim Kardashian finally got tired of the distance and decided to divorce Kanye West. He is bipolar and insisted on living in another state than her, not due to career, but because he likes it that way.

And you Jeppy cannot meet that level of perfection required by the black and white thinker. You have been as patient as he deserves. Not that he is a bad person! But his behavior is over the top, and enough is enough. This was a crises. It resulted in different behaviors.

pl ease PLEASE do not move toward restoring what is, to you, the status quo. That is not sustainable and it is not healthy living for either of you.

I know it's not sustainable long term because he doesn't like other people around so what happens when I retire and am home all day.

I hope you hear from him soon and all is well.

Thread Information