Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I Hate My Car

Mschrigo, I don't think so, because I and mechanics have checked the level, because it didn't happen for 5 weeks after my next to last oil change or the little it has been driven after this oil change, and because a guy at work knowledgeable about cars recommended thicker oil or a thickener additive. I think the oil thins too quickly and that is when the light comes on. Sometimes pans get loose and the oil sloshes around when you drive at highway speed because it does show as too full at the height of the slosh wave, but this problem is worst at idle. DS did not take it to a third mechanic. He drives rarely and never more than a half hour so it is not the issue for him that it would be for me commuting 2 hours a day. I guess time will tell. It still is very noisy.

Excise tax bills came yesterday and it is nice to be paying on an old car and not a new one so there's that too.

The car died on me yesterday. I was able to restart it but decided to get a new one. I signed the papers today and it should be ready for pickup Monday.

Well Jeppy this is one stressor out of your life, you will have a car that is reliable. That’s a major thing.

I agree that it isn't worth suffering through the stress of an unreliable car. What did you end up buying, Jeppy?

A Kia Rio. I am stepping down from a compact to a subcompact to keep down price and maximize fuel efficiency. I have never had a car this small before so I will see how I like it over time. Usually I am the only person in the car and I am only 5'4".

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A Kia Rio. I am stepping down from a compact to a subcompact to keep down price and maximize fuel efficiency. I have never had a car this small before so I will see how I like it over time. Usually I am the only person in the car and I am only 5'4".
    Congratulations. I hope it works well for you.

Sedan or hatchback? I found the hatchback of subcompacts to not really feel subcompact for 90% of my daily driving uses.

Those subcompact hatchbacks are really cute. Good if you don't need a ton of cargo room.

Sedan. I don't like what's in the back of the hatchback being visible to potential thieves. I had a hatchback one time and bought the cargo cover and I could never get it to sit right. It was constantly rattling and I said never again.

Congrats on the new car - those warranty years are certainly less stressful! Never heard of having to buy a separate cover for hatchback - I've have 4 or 5 hatchbacks (VW and Hyundai) and those all CAME with cargo covers. And I always buy the cheapest model - several haven't had floormats, one didn't even have a headliner. (that was a LONG time ago, lol). Like you, I don't want stuff I'm carrying in plain view! That said, I did have to spring for a SPARE TIRE and jack for my current car - it came with a can of fix-a-flat and a phone number for road emergencies. Ridiculous!

Thread Information