Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A health chuckle

A health chuckle

We do need chuckles these days.

Eat whatever you like because you will still DIE. Don't allow motivational speakers to deceive you.

1. The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54

2. The inventor of gymnastics died at the age of 57

3. The world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41

4. The best footballer in the world Maradona, died at the age of 60.

BUT

5. The KFC inventor died at 94.

6. Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88

7. Imagine, cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102

8. The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake

9. Hennessey inventor died at 98.

How did these doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?

The rabbit is always jumping up and down but it lives for only 2 years and the turtle that doesn’t exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So, Take some rest, Chill, Stay cool, eat, drink and enjoy your life. You will still die. I'm sending my Nike trainers back for a refund
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Lovely thoughts for the day!

Funny, but totally bogus!

Charles Atlas (of "I was a 97 pound weakling" fame) was 80 when he died. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Atlas
    Jack LaLanne was 96 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne
    So who was this so-called "world bodybuilding champion" who died young?

The real inventor of gymnastics was some ancient Greek or Roman whose name has long since been forgotten.
    Johann Christoph Friedrich GutsMuths, (the "grandfather of gymnastics") died in 1839 at the age of 79, a ripe old age at that time. https://www.britannica.com/biography...ich-Guts-Muths
    Friedrich Ludwig Jahn, The "father of (modern) gymnastics" died in 1852 at age 74, also a ripe old age at that time. https://gymnasticshq.com/history-of-gymnastics/

I could continue, but why bother?

Don't believe everything you read, especially if it's a joke or the writer is citing unsupported "facts" to support a questionable opinion.

It's probably correct enough, I mean there were those straight trying to live a maximum lifespan, such as Roy Walford with calorie restriction, what it netted him, a very ordinary 80 years, not 120.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It's probably correct enough, I mean there were those straight trying to live a maximum lifespan, such as Roy Walford with calorie restriction, what it netted him, a very ordinary 80 years, not 120.
    Don't over-analyze it. The OP is quoting a widespread internet joke. I'm just poking holes in that joke to demonstrate that a lot of what you read on the internet (especially in jokes) is questionable or flat out wrong. Real people in real life die at a variety of ages for a variety of reasons.

Case In Point: "The best footballer in the world Maradona, died at the age of 60." Well yes, that's true. But here's the rest of the story: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/s...dona-dead.html Quote: "became a national hero as one of soccer’s greatest players, performing with a roguish cunning and extravagant control while pursuing a personal life rife with drug and alcohol abuse and health problems, died on Wednesday in Tigre, Argentina, in Buenos Aires Province. He was 60."

So my point is: Don't try to prove a point by quoting an inaccurate joke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    Don't over-analyze it.

ROTFL at the irony.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post

ROTFL at the irony.
    If one can't be ironic, and enjoy the irony of one's own actions, where is the humor in anyone's ordinary life?

Thread Information