Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Kondo Fatigue

Took me longer than a minute but finally...
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I've been tempted to start a thread on vaginal atrophy just to see if GP has a more expert perspective than we ladies do.
    I needed that chuckle after a long day giving vaccines!

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    My life will never be perfectly Kondo'd since I seem to have an evil twin who follows behind me and un-does all my tidiness. My junk drawer, for example. Lovely to look at for about a week or so and then it reverts back to its tangled mess

My undies? Forget about it...once folded, they party at night and become all loose and sloppy....but happy.

Fitted sheets hate me and refuse all my best efforts to make friends...
    peaceful, easy feeling

I've never read Kondo. I'm curious, how does she deal with (or does she) people who live with someone who is not interested in a Kondo'd life. Long ago, when I was single and lived alone, (and before Kondo had written anything on the topic) I had developed my own method of living that wasn't Kondo level but did involve knowing where everything would go and making an effort to put everything in its place. Now that I live with someone who lives by the motto "any flat place is a good spot to set this" it would be a full-time job to keep tidy at even a fraction of Kondo-level organization.

JP, I cannot remember if she addresses that. She is a neat freak to the max. I will enjoy not having someone else making messes.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I keep hearing a judgemental view from your input on others' posts . Everyone's post is right for their circumstances and viewpoint. You have offered your viewpoint which is just your opinion based on your understanding. It is not the final word or answer, simply your opinion which is no more valid or accurate than anyone else's.
    You have provided excellent info just as others have done. Just don't judge others or the content of their posts.
    What you and others think you are hearing is totally in your own mind. I don't make any judgements about people, I just express my own opinion about what has been said or offer a potential alternative. SO DON"T YOU DARE LECTURE ME ABOUT "IT'S JUST MY OPINION" WHEN I'VE SAID THAT MYSELF NUMEROUS TIMES. AND DON'T TELL ME THERE'S "VERY LITTLE JUDGEMENT" WHEN EVERY TIME I SAY ANYTHING A CERTAIN GROUP A PEOPLE STOMP ALL OVER ME BY MAKING FALSE CLAIMS AS THEY HAVE IN THIS THREAD.

I'll put what I said to IL more bluntly: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Post some direct quotes where I've said anyone is "stupid and/or naïve, deliberately obtuse, sloppy readers, and we have other character flaws"

And the thought that I'm trying to "teach" or "improve" anyone is laughable beyond belief. I try to contribute whatever I can to forums I belong to, but the only reason I ever join a forum is because I want to learn from whatever information is posted there. I join for my own benefit, and if being a member isn't worth my time I leave. I don't waste my time in forums where I have to walk on eggshells for fear of someone reading judgements into my posts that simply aren't there.

You and everyone else can now resume you private little chat over the back fence, because I'm gone permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Not surprised it’s men washing colors together, not folding or putting away. Heathens)
    Well, the colors I am washing together are black, dark blue, and dark green, and it hasn't presented any problems to date.

Heathanism here. I wash everything together cold including whites and drop back on detergent. Weather permitting, most often everything get line dried outside. As a side benefit, I think clothes last longer by line drying rather than a hot tumble drier. Jeans get folded onto a closet shelf and that's all the folding.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    What you and others think you are hearing is totally in your own mind. I don't make any judgements about people, I just express my own opinion about what has been said or offer a potential alternative. SO DON"T YOU DARE LECTURE ME ABOUT "IT'S JUST MY OPINION" WHEN I'VE SAID THAT MYSELF NUMEROUS TIMES. AND DON'T TELL ME THERE'S "VERY LITTLE JUDGEMENT" WHEN EVERY TIME I SAY ANYTHING A CERTAIN GROUP A PEOPLE STOMP ALL OVER ME BY MAKING FALSE CLAIMS AS THEY HAVE IN THIS THREAD.

I'll put what I said to IL more bluntly: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Post some direct quotes where I've said anyone is "stupid and/or naïve, deliberately obtuse, sloppy readers, and we have other character flaws"

And the thought that I'm trying to "teach" or "improve" anyone is laughable beyond belief. I try to contribute whatever I can to forums I belong to, but the only reason I ever join a forum is because I want to learn from whatever information is posted there. I join for my own benefit, and if being a member isn't worth my time I leave. I don't waste my time in forums where I have to walk on eggshells for fear of someone reading judgements into my posts that simply aren't there.

You and everyone else can now resume you private little chat over the back fence, because I'm gone permanently.
    drama to the bitter end. Sigh......

I wash everything together and have for almost 50 years. But I wash gently and dry gently. Seldom have new clothes like jeans that are likely to deposit dye on other clothes. Often I will take out and line dry the rest of the way rather than baking my stuff.

Tried being neater in the folding dept and even got a Tshirt folder but that did not last long. Too many other things to do. So we hang up outer wear shirts and quickly fold tshirts and pants. I am lucky if I match socks.

Thread Information