Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mass vaccination events?

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Husband and I had Moderna- the second shot gave us muscle aches for a day and my husband had an itchy swelling of the arm for several days, but nothing debilitating.
    Thanks - that's nice to hear. I'm glad it went well for you both. I'm hoping for the same.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My husband is a firefighter/paramedic in Pierce County WA . There was a mass drive through vaccination at one of the fire stations in his district. He was one of the ones working at it. Not only did I go there to get my vaccination ( J&J) but he was the one who gave me mine. And it was his birthday, . So we met up later and went out to dinner after the event was done . Had a wonder sushi dinner too

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    If 200 is a mass event,
    Not even. Our daily schedule is 900 with 13 vaccinators.

A mass event IMO is over 3000...

Gardnr, thanks for working at this vaccination project--that is 4 times the size of my town, so it sounds like a mass event to me, haha. I think it is wonderful that you are helping so many people get vaccinated. I wish we had that kind of accessibility and availability here. We truly don't, and people have to work so hard to find a place where they can get a vaccine, and many people just give up.

So thank you for making it possible for people to get the vaccines. I wish our state was doing this in places where people cannot find vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    So thank you for making it possible for people to get the vaccines. I wish our state was doing this in places where people cannot find vaccines.
    I heard from a patient last week, that the National Guard is set up in Northern Idaho to give vaccinations to all those rural life dwellers. It is a 6 month assignment and the "clinic" moves from small town to small town. (I have not verified but can't imagine she made up the story).

Perhaps a letter writing campaign to your Governor from small town dwellers? It is your Governor's responsibility to assure vaccines are accessible.

Thread Information