Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evolution of the Doubling of Life Expectancy

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, the doctors in private practice were catholic and after a few scolding she stopped trying to find one. It wasn’t a catholic facility. She thought she could be fitted for one at her 6 week check up after having her first baby. They imposed their personal views on their patients.
    And the games continue in 2021. Finding a pharmacist who refuses to fill certain prescriptions because he/she doesn't believe in use of that medication even though a patient wants it based on being informed by their provider that it will be useful to them. It is infuriating!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    And the games continue in 2021. Finding a pharmacist who refuses to fill certain prescriptions because he/she doesn't believe in use of that medication even though a patient wants it based on being informed by their provider that it will be useful to them. It is infuriating!
    Yet a man can buy a condom in most any store without a prescription, no restrictions or judgements.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Catherine, the doctors in private practice were catholic and after a few scolding she stopped trying to find one. It wasn’t a catholic facility. She thought she could be fitted for one at her 6 week check up after having her first baby. They imposed their personal views on their patients.
    Yeah, life was difficult in that respect back then. it was my mother who made me go to a doctor to get a prescription for birth control pills when she knew I was sexually active. I remember how ashamed I felt, even going to a doctor who was non-judgmental and fine with giving me the prescription. If I had had to go to two or three doctors to find one who would prescribe the pills, I probably would have given up. I can only imagine what it was like to get scolded, and she wasn't even Catholic. I'm glad times have changed a little, but not enough.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Planned Parenthood did my first gyno exam and provided contraceptives when I became sexually active. I still contribute to their often life-saving organization. Wonderful people, worthy cause.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Planned Parenthood did my first gyno exam and provided contraceptives when I became sexually active. I still contribute to their often life-saving organization. Wonderful people, worthy cause.
    Same here and ditto.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It's all symbolic about how much we sacrifice ourselves for males all our lives. Many females would probably be happy just "settling" (haha) for oral thank you very much, might even have one of those rare things called an orgasm, and well not much worry about pregnancy of course, just pure pleasure. But intercourse is for the male organism (and sure also for procreation as well). But then they (patriarchal institutions and the males that support them) don't want us to have birth control. Stupid males.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Me too. They will forever have my respect and support for promoting women's health!

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    But then they (patriarchal institutions and the males that support them) don't want us to have birth control. Stupid males.
    I didn't want my wife to have to use birth control, that's why I got a vasectomy about 35 years ago. We stupid males are so patriarchal!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

They imposed their personal views on their patients.
    No they didn't, they just refused to violate their personal beliefs, their patients were free to get their birth control devices elsewhere. Perhaps even from a much loved and admired organization created to keep undesireables from breeding.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No they didn't, they just refused to violate their personal beliefs, their patients were free to get their birth control devices elsewhere. Perhaps even from a much loved and admired organization created to keep undesireables from breeding.
    Haha.
    I am another who got birth control at PP, so they were successful in keeping me from breeding.

Believe me, no one wants me as their mum (except for Bulldogs who are much easier to raise than actual children.)

Thread Information