Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Word for not-spouse?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I can't believe how sanguine most Republicans are about this armed insurrection. It's a given they wouldn't be so blase' if it really had been anti-fascists that pulled it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In that that case the cliche would switch to “this is what democracy looks like”.
    Come back and both sides us when the Democrats elect a president who attempts to invalidate the results of their attempted reelection. So far in our history only one party has supported a traitor president both during and after his traitorous activities and it ain’t the democrats. I realize that republicans don’t understand the concept of shame but dang, your party doesn’t have a pretty look going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    No. They attempted to hold him accountable for his actions once he became president.
    I believe efforts began as early as December 2016, before he took office and were formalized in early February of 2017 by Jerry Nadler and the Impeach Trump Leadership PAC. If they hadn't had to wait till the Democrats took back control of the House, the first actual impeachment would have been much earlier, perhaps in his first hundred days.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I can't believe how sanguine most Republicans are about this armed insurrection. It's a given they wouldn't be so blase' if it really had been anti-fascists that pulled it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I believe efforts began as early as December 2016, before he took office and were formalized in early February of 2017 by Jerry Nadler and the Impeach Trump Leadership PAC. If they hadn't had to wait till the Democrats took back control of the House, the first actual impeachment would have been much earlier, perhaps in his first hundred days.
    So do you think soliciting the aid of our country’s ally to get fake dirt on his political opponent by withholding aid that congress had passed legislatively and had been signed into law was an impeachable offense? I may be wrong but I seem to remember that’s what the turd was actually impeached for the first time. The second time he was impeached was certainly more serious but both actual impeachment’s were over rather serious offenses. Not lying about a blowjob serious but still pretty serious.

Although it was pretty well laid out in the Mueller Report (that no Republican apparently read), the case against Trump and his henchmen is supported by recent intelligence revelations. A successful impeachment would have prevented his traitorous coup attempt.

It's remarkable to me that the only upstanding republican politician currently is Liz Cheney. I have to assume that she's banking on trump going down once Rudy colludy starts squealing like a stuck pig. Otherwise her honorable current position makes no sense. Republican voters don't reward honor. They reward fealty to dear leader and the ability to support trump's big lie.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Not lying about a blowjob serious but still pretty serious.
    I believe lying under oath and obstruction of justice were the actual charges, and unlike our most recent adventures in impeachment, the process didn't start until he'd actually committed the offense.

To be honest, I don't understand Trumpism, but I have to believe it stems from the same tribalism which requires some to defend Clinton at every opportunity.

Getting back to the point that someone else made, there are many ways to attempt the overthrow of a duly elected government and the Democratic Party leaders showed us one way before the object of their scorn even took office. If they hadn't been so anxious, maybe some people wouldn't have come to believe the entire process was an example of a desired conviction looking for an offense to charge. Hopefully everyone learned something from that mistake.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

So should there be a ‘get out of impeachment free’ card regardless of a president’s actions if a few people are speaking about impeachment before the president commits high crimes or misdemeanors?

Perhaps Clinton’s biggest failing was agreeing to testify. Perhaps he should have gone all pre-trump and said ‘eff you. Ain’t gonna testify’. And then there would have been no lying about the blowjob so no impeachable offense.

Apparently relying on pathetic technicalities is republican style. Do democrats get to do the same?

Thread Information