Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects between now and Summer Solstice

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    That's interesting -- and I agree, it can be hard to get folks to discuss "meaty" and substantial topics...day-to-day stuff, family stuff, medical stuff--lots of that...but!
    at a certain point of course those actually are the substantial topics
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    "Contingent upon [t]he sale of our house and inspections"

I always wondered how I could get a different house without selling mine first. Do you still put down a deposit on the new house? Is it 20%, or something less?
    When purchasing a 2nd home, 20% down payment is required if you are financing.

I finished the shades, washed some more windows and curtains (only 12 more to go), did some yard cleanup and raking, and mulched two beds with shredded leaves.

Rosa, you are definitely getting stuff done! Today we are shopping for quarter rounds and thresholds to finish the bedrooms. My son is on it and it’s nice not having to nag someone to finish projects. He wants to finish my room before my bed comes as it will be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rosa, you are definitely getting stuff done! Today we are shopping for quarter rounds and thresholds to finish the bedrooms. My son is on it and it’s nice not having to nag someone to finish projects. He wants to finish my room before my bed comes as it will be easier.
    Looking forward to more pictures! Much more exciting than my clean windows (nice though they may be).

I am having trouble finding a new dentist.

Dentist #1 recommended by a friend of my mother's wanted me to email them personal information that I do not feel comfortable sending electronically because it could be hacked. One thing they asked for was my Social Security which when I asked them they admitted they did not need. They also insisted I sign that I had received their privacy policy when I had not.

I contacted Dentist #2 that my brother uses. They verified my insurance before giving me an appointment. They agreed to mail me the new patient forms and let me bring them in with me. The forms said they will spend so much time on developing a treatment plan they may not get to the cleaning. I want the cleaning not a bunch of upselling. They also wanted me to sign that I would pay everything at the time of service. If I have to do that and seek reimbursement from the insurance company (a hassle I am not going to go through) why did they even verify my insurance?

I am still looking for a dentist, but at the thought crosses my mind I shouldn't even bother. Does anyone here not go to the dentist?

I go to the dentist every 3 months; my dental health is very important to me. My dentist's office can generally tell me right then and there how much I will owe after what my insurance will cover, and that is what I pay at the time of service. They are usually right on target, but if they are off a bit, they either issue a refund or bill me. My husband has a different dentist, but they work the same way as far as billing goes.

Little progress on my list
    * have caterer menu set up and handout materials gathered for reunion we are "hosting" for our international family association: Do have caterer menu and contract, started a list of places to contact/info to gather
    * spend at least 30 hours on our upstairs shoving-crap-around project only half an hour to date
    * find someone to fix the kitchen roof (this is difficult - it's a strange roofline that has been cut into/added onto etc and most roofers don't like old houses that aren't straight runs) spent some time online looking for roofers and just gave up. I'll get back to it soon....
    * find someone/get quote for replacing a basement wall and tuckpointing part of the foundation have a call in to a gentleman who has done work for us in the past, but have not yet heard back - i don't know if he's even still working, but his son had started to work with him, so I'm hoping to hear something.

Emailed another dentist and found several others near where I work that look promising.

I finished all the (28) windows, curtains etc. this weekend. Windows 2021 is a wrap!

Thread Information