Thread: Prescriptions

Prescriptions

Per frugal guru Clark Howard..
    “If you look on GoodRx, the cheapest place to fill a prescription drug consistently is Costco Wholesale,” Clark says. “And Costco has to let you fill a prescription even if you’re not a member.”

-------------

Also checked and different places only charge $4/month for many generics. Looked mine up and WalMart charges $10 for a 90 day supply. Definitely will not be using my insurance for this.

YLMV

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Per frugal guru Clark Howard..
    “If you look on GoodRx, the cheapest place to fill a prescription drug consistently is Costco Wholesale,” Clark says. “And Costco has to let you fill a prescription even if you’re not a member.”

-------------

Also checked and different places only charge $4/month for many generics. Looked mine up and WalMart charges $10 for a 90 day supply. Definitely will not be using my insurance for this.

YLMV
    Late to this, but thanks for the info. Interestingly enough, I recently learned that having a Costco gift card allows you to shop there with no membership. If the purchases go over the amount of the gift card, you just pay the extra however you want.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Late to this, but thanks for the info. Interestingly enough, I recently learned that having a Costco gift card allows you to shop there with no membership. If the purchases go over the amount of the gift card, you just pay the extra however you want.
    Wow, that is cool--good to know.

Costco is a great source.

My pharmacy friend shared this tip. Sometimes the manufacturer will offer discounts for their pricey drugs. I have insurance, but one drug runs me about $100/no. The pharmacist tech ringing you out can remove the insurance and pair with manufacturer discount to save money. Result $46/no.

Thread Information