Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Affordable New Hampshire

Yppej
    If I could retire tomorrow, and not worry about a commute, this looks like a steal:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...rch/Newport_NH

With city sewer and water no less.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Oy, giant monies to restore.WHAT is going on with that entry way flooring? There are carpets sections laid over it but what is underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If I could retire tomorrow, and not worry about a commute, this looks like a steal:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...rch/Newport_NH

With city sewer and water no less.
    are you talking about the ranch house with maroon door? It is very nice.
    1 acre is a lot to mow.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    are you talking about the ranch house with maroon door? It is very nice.
    1 acre is a lot to mow.
    I am talking about the 3 bedrooms, 2 baths for only $135,000.

I am talking about the 3 bedrooms, 2 baths for only $135,000.
    That looks like it needs a ton of work.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That looks like it needs a ton of work.
    Like what? They say it's move-in ready and from the pictures I didn't see anything major. Electric water heater is not good though.

Like what? They say it's move-in ready and from the pictures I didn't see anything major. Electric water heater is not good though.
    I see a house that looks a lot like my Hermann house before renovation. It was also move-in ready meaning that everything functioned, but the cosmetics were… Problematic.

I doubt the deck is in good shape. it would need some thing soon. But that’s pretty minor. Overall I see a house that has had lots of inexpensive updating over decades, cheaply done such as modern cheap doors installed, popcorn and false ceilings, some weird treatment on the wideplank floors, a variety of poorly coodinated flooring. The porch is unfinished. Most concerning to me is the ripple-y plaster or painted wall paper, or whatever the wall stuff is. It is not nice.

Some of the original woodwork is there so that’s nice. The tin ceiling in the kitchen might be original? Don’t know. I personally am not a fan of tin ceilings, but if that is original then that is very cool. The built-in cabinet in the kitchen is cute.

This house is inexpensive because it lacks visual attractiveness. But it might be OK to live in. I always said about our Herman house before renovation: this is a damn cheap place to live.

And am I jealous about that giant lot that is entirely flat with minimal trees? Why yes, yes I am!

the yard is stunning, as is the house. A very nice size! I think it looks like home, at least it does to me.

Okay--Northern New Hampshire. Place I knew very littlebittybit about, until recently. See? But yeah---I was watching a video of a bicyclist pedaling up the road on Mount Washington. Cyclists only have access about one day a year. So--the video was speeded-up, to take up only 10-20 minutes, but occasionally they would slow it to actual speed. Due to the extreme gradient(avge 10% or so), the guy was pedaling a road bike using the lowest gears of a triple crank, and weaving and wobbling along at a VERY(x4444)low rate of speed, with SUV's occasionally passing him. But yeah---he apparently made it to the top! Way beyond the average cyclists' capability to sustain. Quite a feat. Yup. I mean Nope. Hope that helps you kids some. NH is chilly in the winter, and has very hilly, curvy road terrain. That one Lady on the trial video apparently commutes 36 miles EACH way, from home to her business, on a NH road. She faces quite a challenge, I think. No wonder that big MC/Pickup truck wreck happened there. But---I still know very little about NH. Kids---I suggest you relocate to Nebraska, instead. The western part of the state is very scenic and sparsely populated. The eastern end is more populated, less scenic. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-31-22 at 5:49pm.

Thread Information