Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: old music

okay----several months ago, in was in some place & hear over the PA a record I hadn't heard in awhile, tho i have it around here on a 45. yup. it's from about 1986 or 7, and called "Digging Your Scene". So, yeah--i went home and watched the Video, which was very entertaining. it's this guy Dr Robert & his band, he calls The Blow Monkeys. Well, even though i just like the music, i think what their thing was, to imitate/emulate the likes of Dave Bowie, and they do it pretty well. But yeah, I'll remember to listen to it, once in awhile. thankk mee.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    okay----several months ago, in was in some place & hear over the PA a record I hadn't heard in awhile, tho i have it around here on a 45. yup. it's from about 1986 or 7, and called "Digging Your Scene". So, yeah--i went home and watched the Video, which was very entertaining. it's this guy Dr Robert & his band, he calls The Blow Monkeys. Well, even though i just like the music, i think what their thing was, to imitate/emulate the likes of Dave Bowie, and they do it pretty well. But yeah, I'll remember to listen to it, once in awhile. thankk mee.
    hair by Rickie Nelson

okay---one more thing about that particular video. maybe two. Dr Robert & his bow monkeys(ha), including the awesome sax player, have appeared live & in person at various outdoor concerts in the last several decades. but guess what? they kinda lack the polish of that old video from 1986. yup. so, no way would i pay umpteen hundred bucks to see them, now. So anyway--another sad fact--the enthusiastic gem of a fan in the video(see photo) musta been 65 or 70 back then; so yeah--i just assume she's departed, by now, or else the oldest person in England.2024-06-03 (3).jpg

okay---from waaaay back in 2011, on yoo-toob: Ariane Brunet: aime-moi acoustique. see what you think. thankk mee.

I was recently reminded of a song from a high point in the movie Apollo 11 and in real life was on their tape mix as they returned to earth. John Steward was a favorite back in the day. He played with the Kingston Trio and later a solo career as something of a folk/rock singer. "Mother Country".

https://youtu.be/oF0XBlW_L6s
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

okay---yes, yes, rogar---john stewart & stevies nicks recorded the rock ballad "Gold" which sounded pretty good once you heard it a few times, even though it shouldn't have. if, i'm thinking of the "john steward" you mentioned. yup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    okay---yes, yes, rogar---john stewart & stevies nicks recorded the rock ballad "Gold" which sounded pretty good once you heard it a few times, even though it shouldn't have. if, i'm thinking of the "john steward" you mentioned. yup.
    Good one. He's the John Stewart one and the same. He had a few minor hits.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

okay---then there's the British group from ca. 1990 called The Sundays. They had an album that sold well, but were kinda one-hit-wonders. but, that' okay. the song was: "Here's Where The Story Ends" yup.

Thread Information