Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitting The Highways On Memorial Day?

I’m driving an hour to a diving spot to do the in water portion of an underwater archaeology class. Should be fun! Lots of underwater drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m driving an hour to a diving spot to do the in water portion of an underwater archaeology class. Should be fun! Lots of underwater drawing.
    That sounds SO cool! Share your drawings with us!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Okay----Indy 500. Memorial Day Weekend. 1964. I was out in the side yard, pulling weeds, next to the house. I had the radio playing, and the song was a cover of "Maybelline", by Johnny Rivers. The Indy race had two crashes, which killed drivers Eddie Sachs & Dave McDonald. Later that summer, two kids from the 'hood were killed on a Honda, late one Friday night. Another neighbor ran over them with his pickup. I see that just recently, there was another fatality at the same intersection. Prolly one of many, since then. Happy Get-out-and-drive!-day. Traffic is murder. Thankk Mee.2023-05-26 (4).jpg2023-05-15 (4).jpg2023-05-26 (6).jpg2023-05-26 (7).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Definite will!

Mostly staying home. Went camping last weekend, so really hope to get off my @ss and get some stuff done around the house this weekend.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have a couple of favorite bike routes through the hood when people aren't communing to work and the usual trails are more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Class was a busy. See daily peeve thread.

I went to a party last night close to me and tonight hosting friends for dinner and games. Inviting 60 people to a kids birthday party is insane. That daycare rule is really stupid. For my oldest son’s 6 th birthday I invited his class which was 20 kids and outside. I never made that mistake again. After that I had the kids invite 2-3 friends to do something special that they wanted to do like go roller skating at the local rink.

I could understand not allowing invitations to be passed out at daycare or school unless all are included, but if they are given outside of there then it should be the parents’ choice who to invite.

Okay----I did not attend any little kidses' parties. I was not invited, anyway. Oh, well. That being said---not only was it Memorial Day Weekend, but my birthday, as well! I know full well that when you get to be my age, there some things you just can't do, on account of it. You just have to accept the fact. But yeah---I wanted to make sure I am still able to go to the self-service wreckin' yard, and pull a good, used motor. Out of a van, no less. They can be a booger. Ha. Bottom line---I pulled a motor during the Holiday 50%-off sale. How do you like that? 2023-05-30 (8).jpg2023-05-30 (7).jpg

Thread Information