Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Trump's mug shot

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Wait, what?

    Whose interests has Donald Trump worked for?
    It's basically what iris lilies said under, I just think America is taken care with Trump onboard. He can get things done, he's not someone's puppet, because he has money, he doesn't need anyone else's like the rest of the senate that spend 70% of their time raising money (read page 13) for the next election, and then certain polices are quietly approved, like genetic modified food not having to put that on the label (read White House statement here) approved by Obama. For me, it's either Sanders (does not take money from anyone), or Trump (who has money to run a campaign by himself), otherwise, they're making polices for the corporate machine. He made his career by taking advantage of the system, so he knows it very well, so he can fix it if he wants to (the wanting, read iris lilies again). He's taking care of hard-working people who were once the backbone of America, in the coal (he promised, and put them back to work), steel (taxing Chinese steel) and automotive industry (preventing Ford from going to Mexico for instance). He's retaining American brands in America by taxing the hell out of those who want to go abroad to be more competitive by making more money by exploiting other's misery. He's taxing the hell out of those foreign who want to sell cheap stuff in America thanks to their cheap labor, making Americans products once again available for the American people. He's trying to make America safer by sending back those who're involved in criminal activity in America (fewer people in private prisons paid by the American people). I like Trump for one simple fact. He knows what he says will make a lot of people hate him, and he needs votes, but he says it anyway, I respect that, and I'd probably be one of those who'd get angry about it. In terms of polices, I'm more with Sanders, but I think Trump can change things, not sure about Sanders.

    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If my interests are Donald Trump then you can bet he will work toward my interests.

  2. #42
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,244
    Bernie Sanders is just another ancient creaky old pol who refuses to step out of his seat of power, I suppose because he has people telling him every day how special he is.
    I am not a serious person.

  3. #43
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,244
    I heard the Trump campaign sold $7 million in merchandise with his mug shot.
    I am not a serious person.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,276
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Bernie Sanders is just another ancient creaky old pol who refuses to step out of his seat of power, I suppose because he has people telling him every day how special he is.
    That, and there’s good money to be made railing against “millionaires and billionaires”, even if you happen to be one. He wouldn’t be able to do that from the relative obscurity of MSNBC or some made-up job at one of our elite universities.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Bernie Sanders is just another ancient creaky old pol who refuses to step out of his seat of power, I suppose because he has people telling him every day how special he is.
    He's exactly the same age as Mitch, and perhaps the GOP equivalent. If Ramaswhamy represents the up and coming millennials, I'll take the old guys
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

  6. #46
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,717
    Gawd. I hope ramaswammy isn’t the best the millennials have to offer the world. If he is we’re all f’cked.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Portuguese John Here View Post
    It's basically what iris lilies said under, I just think America is taken care with Trump onboard. He can get things done, he's not someone's puppet, because he has money, he doesn't need anyone else's like the rest of the senate that spend 70% of their time raising money (read page 13) for the next election, and then certain polices are quietly approved, like genetic modified food not having to put that on the label (read White House statement here) approved by Obama. For me, it's either Sanders (does not take money from anyone), or Trump (who has money to run a campaign by himself), otherwise, they're making polices for the corporate machine. He made his career by taking advantage of the system, so he knows it very well, so he can fix it if he wants to (the wanting, read iris lilies again). He's taking care of hard-working people who were once the backbone of America, in the coal (he promised, and put them back to work), steel (taxing Chinese steel) and automotive industry (preventing Ford from going to Mexico for instance). He's retaining American brands in America by taxing the hell out of those who want to go abroad to be more competitive by making more money by exploiting other's misery. He's taxing the hell out of those foreign who want to sell cheap stuff in America thanks to their cheap labor, making Americans products once again available for the American people. He's trying to make America safer by sending back those who're involved in criminal activity in America (fewer people in private prisons paid by the American people). I like Trump for one simple fact. He knows what he says will make a lot of people hate him, and he needs votes, but he says it anyway, I respect that, and I'd probably be one of those who'd get angry about it. In terms of polices, I'm more with Sanders, but I think Trump can change things, not sure about Sanders.
    The Donald is too stupid to fix anything and I can’t believe you think he’s comparable to Bernie. If Bernie would have been the democratic nominee Donald wouldn’t have won and our country would have been spared much grief and not been so divided.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Portuguese John Here View Post
    It's basically what iris lilies said under, I just think America is taken care with Trump onboard. He can get things done, he's not someone's puppet, because he has money, he doesn't need anyone else's like the rest of the senate that...
    I have wondered recently what Donald actually did get done. That is compared to what he said he got done or what he promised to get done or what he ranted about getting done. And how that compares to Biden. For example, Trump ranted about drug prices, but what did he do. And what has Biden done. I suspect Trump set any clean energy efforts back and opened wonderful public lands that have native tribal value to oil exploration and drilling. And compare that to what Biden has done for climate change efforts and restoring public lands. One can look at the figures for deficient spending and national debt and any efforts to reduce government waste certainly don't show in the figures. All of his talk about curbing violence seemed to be just that, talk. Not to mention Jan. 6. Etc. How about his mediaeval wall that apparently never got finished, and how do immigration figures compare then and to now?
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

  9. #49
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    14,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have wondered recently what Donald actually did get done. That is compared to what he said he got done or what he promised to get done or what he ranted about getting done. And how that compares to Biden. For example, Trump ranted about drug prices, but what did he do. And what has Biden done. I suspect Trump set any clean energy efforts back and opened wonderful public lands that have native tribal value to oil exploration and drilling. And compare that to what Biden has done for climate change efforts and restoring public lands. One can look at the figures for deficient spending and national debt and any efforts to reduce government waste certainly don't show in the figures. All of his talk about curbing violence seemed to be just that, talk. Not to mention Jan. 6. Etc. How about his mediaeval wall that apparently never got finished, and how do immigration figures compare then and to now?
    Good points...

    I was going to say something similar. What Trump has done is not so great if what he had done is not what you want him to do. Rolling back 95 environmental laws and making an oil and coal bedfellow deputy of the EPA and a coal lobbyist deputy administrator makes whatever power he has by virtue of his wealth a reason NOT to vote for him, and scary. His policies would change on a dime if he found them not to be in HIS best interests. He doesn't speak for me, and he doesn't speak for the working class, and the impact of his pro-business policies prove that.

    Portuguese John, you sound like my DH--he said he would vote for either Trump or Sanders, because they are not afraid to make enemies and distance themselves from the political machine, despite their being tied to it. I have always been pro-Sanders and anti-Trump because of what's important to me policy-wise, not just because they both come off as political outsiders.

    Trump is a showman, and a narcissist, and that combination scares me.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  10. #50
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have wondered recently what Donald actually did get done. That is compared to what he said he got done or what he promised to get done or what he ranted about getting done. And how that compares to Biden. For example, Trump ranted about drug prices, but what did he do. And what has Biden done. I suspect Trump set any clean energy efforts back and opened wonderful public lands that have native tribal value to oil exploration and drilling. And compare that to what Biden has done for climate change efforts and restoring public lands. One can look at the figures for deficient spending and national debt and any efforts to reduce government waste certainly don't show in the figures. All of his talk about curbing violence seemed to be just that, talk. Not to mention Jan. 6. Etc. How about his mediaeval wall that apparently never got finished, and how do immigration figures compare then and to now?

    are you kidding? Trump did a lot. That does not mean I am saying you should like the things he did, I would never expect thst.

    Just randomly, My memory was jogged
    about one Trump accomplishment today, raising the IRS standard deduction by a whopping amount. I like that, that had impact in my life.

    Don’t forget all of the free $$$ distributed during Covid.

    also random, he signed legislation that was some sort of animal welfare bill my pet rescue friends noted although that kind if thing doesn't register much with me because I find it…usually poorly planned and yet another gumnt mandate that does not really do much.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •