Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Challenge

Back from the epic vacation and realized I didn't do a Fall challenge so here we go.

Distribute vacation gifts between now and Christmas.
    Write evaluation of trip for our tour company contact
    Go through summer clothing to donate or store
    Get blankets out of storage
    Air out the duvet
    Finish knitting scarf
    Pull out winter gear

Glad the book reorganization project and operation clear the bed was complete before we left. Now the souvenirs are on the bed for staging purposes. We just put them there and will sort and arrange to give them to their new owners. Many are Christmas gifts to family so we need to find a place to hold them until then.

The evaluation will be done this weekend. Been taking notes and have ideas and suggestions on things to improve the experience.

Will probably add other things as I think about them.
    Last edited by hana; 10-27-23 at 2:48pm. Reason: Added a couple of things

Hannah, what was your epic trip? Where did you go? What did you do?
    I am not a serious person.

Epic trip was to China.

Went to Tianamen square and the Forbidden City. Spent a day on the Great Wall, no one tells you how steep it is, and there are a lot of stray cats in the area. They had signs not to pet or feed the cats since they bite. Our guide said you can see Beijing if the day is nice and the pollution is not so bad. We lucked out and were able to see the Beijing skyline and some of the taller buildings in detail.

Then we took a bullet train to Xian to see the terra cotta warriors, each warrior has individual features and is based on a real person. There was a middle school field trip also present and we became mini celebrities and the students wanted to practice their English on us and get photos. They were not from a big city so we were the first Westerners they ever saw in person. Husband interacted with them more since I don't have much patience for children. The bullet train was a bucket list item, peak speed was 350kph/219mph.

Spent the bulk of it in Chengdu eating hot pot and doing panda tourism. The pandas are adorable and we went to a reserve further away to see Tai Shan, the first panda born in The National Zoo that survived infancy. He's middle aged and still very active though his first months were rough since he had to learn the commands in Mandarin. Took more video than photos since the pandas are good at hiding and you could only see their movements. Did get photos of a mom panda with her teenage twins. Unfortunately the panda nursery with the babies was closed.

Hana, trip sounds spectacular.indeed the terra cotta warriors are amazing. I’ve only seen photos. I enjoyed hearing about it all.
    I am not a serious person.

New list as of today, by December 31:

1. Record spending every day in November and December.
    2. Use Everydollar budget thoroughly for November and December then evaluate if I like it or want to try a new one.

3. Finish knitting two scarves for kids.

4. Reorganize major storage spaces in house and hopefully get rid of some stuff. But at least know what's in there.:

5. Complete Christmas shopping.

6. Wrap and send Christmas presents to family.

7. Buy Christmas cards, write, and send.

8. Decorate for Christmas.

9. Finish all 4 fall classes.

Wow Hana, that does sound like an epic adventure indeed!

Sounds like an amazing trip, Hana!!! Thanks for sharing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Hiked in October.

Distribute vacation gifts between now and Christmas. 20% done
    Write evaluation of trip for our tour company contact done
    Go through summer clothing to donate or store nope
    Get blankets out of storage this evening
    Air out the duvet this evening
    Finish knitting scarf in progress
    Pull out winter gear not yet

I wrote and emailed the tour company contact about what went well and suggestions on improving their services. I said nice things about each guide and how much I enjoyed the trip. Gave thank you gifts to neighbors and will give rest to friends when we see them in a couple of weeks. The rest are Christmas gifts so I have time to wrap them and they will live on the spare room bed until then. We're under freeze warning tonight so the after work project is pulling the blankets out from storage and airing out the duvet.

Yppej
    Stayed on budget for October so will hit my goal to stay on budget 9 months of the year.

The state grant for a portion of the communist farm was approved, but it still needs council approval. One councilor has told me he will vote no. Hoping we can defeat this though it's always an uphill climb in our very corrupt state/city to get any spending stopped. Everyone's got their hand in the government till, then they wonder why we have no money for things like paving the roads.

Thread Information