Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pet cat photos

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveGardener View Post
    Attachment 5966
    Here are two of my three kitties. They make me smile every day!
    So cute! Are they siblings?

They're not siblings... but we love tuxedo cats! The one in back is about 5 years old and is large, an American bobtail mix. He is just FULL of personality (his nickname is "Troublemaker")! The older cat, about 13 or 14, has the title "Nicest Kitty in the World." They were both rescues.

oky---i really like them two piebald catts. they are prolly in the top five of MY favorite kinda catts. unfortunately though, my last piebald kitty boy, Squeaky Toy, passed away prolly 5-6 years ago. i got him from a place that had a FREE KITTENS sign out front, not far BTW, from where the Blanchard Residence was. the lady there was out of kittens, but she gave me squeaky toy, who i think she wanted to get rid of. But yeah---Squeaky was very shy & kinda sickly. He finally did get pretty usta living here, and he was a very nice kitty boy. And then, back in the 80's, i had a piebald kitty boy that i picked up as an abandoned cat, and he was very personable, but it turned out he was infected with FIP, which wasn't good. Nope.

Did my shift at Marin Humane today. There's been a big girl (20 lbs), Kiera, there for a couple of months. About a month ago she got put into quarantine because she bit someone. The sign on her space after that said "staff only" I was sad for her because how could she get adopted if no one could go meet her. And in the several weeks I took care of her space before that I'd always found her to be a sweetie. The first time I met her I learned that she just wanted a brief moment of love. Five seconds and then she gave me a love bite and I knew to not push things as she rolled around on my feet. Today she was gone and a new group of sweeties were in her space. The animal care coordinator came to ask me to not move anything in one of the other spaces with several cats and I asked about Kiera. "She got adopted!" It turns out that the person she bit spent the last two weeks pondering adopting her and ultimately did so, saying "She was so adorable and now that I understand what matters to her I can work with that." My week was totally made with this news.

kierra.jpg

That is such good news, JP! I can see where that made your week.

What a great story jp. Thanks for sharing.

What a great ending JP.

okay---the only reservations i would have about getting a cat that HUGE would be if she felt hungry and was sitting on a shelf high above you and jumped off on you to bring that fact to your attention---well, yikes! that could hurt! Especially if you were asleep. I'd recommend wearing protective gear of some kind. You can never be too careful. Hope that helps you some.

Indeed! She liked to sit on that mulitishelf tower behind her and one day she came down to greet me and every shelf as she came down it was "THONK! THONK! THONK!"

What a great, happy story, jp. So glad she was adopted.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information