Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Rosa: in the Mid Atlantic I can wait until July and may need it then. Past Monday the schools closed for snow and yesterday it was 75F with no sign of snow. You can go through all four seasons in 24 hours here.

Glad you spoke to the attorney. You don't want to do some things, it's better to do so sooner than later.
    Yes, I knew this was the suckiest thing on my list, and the one I was most likely to put off, so I was rather pleased with myself for being able to finally cross it off my list.

I guess we New Englanders aren't the only ones with crazy weather!

Halfway to the Spring Equinox and here's my progress so far

No Buy January done
    knit scarf 45% done
    work on trunk quilt ongoing
    Finish organizing fabric stash done
    get personal email inbox to under 100 emails done

No Buy January is a success! Going to keep going to see how long we can go without buying anything. Anything beyond today is sprinkles.

Scarf knitting is ongoing, have a late meeting tonight and expect to get some done then.

Trunk quilt have 38 of 42 blocks needed, will finish blocks this weekend and probably start assembling next week

Fabric stash is done, I did organize the smaller scraps into similar sized shapes, and crumbs basically scraps the size of a stamp.

Email inbox is about 90 messages. I set up folders for reservations/vacations, prepaid items, warranties, recipes, taxes, just purchased, and mailing list confirmations. Then I organized them into their folders and now the stuff not in folders is usually the stuff that requires my attention. Even deleted old emails, I probably don't need the receipt for a convention membership that I attended in 2018 anymore. I put on a CD and it took about an hour.

This weekend is our final push to empty out the kitchen since the work begins on Monday. I've been slowly packing the less essential items, but this weekend will be everything!
    I will wait until after the kitchen is done to tackle the recipe item on my list for obvious reasons.

Yppej
    New software at work is getting worse. Spoke to a woman in corporate and they are pulling their hair out. It’s their job to resolve issues for the stores and they don’t understand it themselves. If I were able to retire I would. Don’t really feel like looking for another job. I hate interviewing, know I would face age discrimination, would probably get lower compensation. Trying to just hang in there.

jeppy, that sounds awful. Computers are great, obviously, but when they don't work, there is often no fall-back or work-around... When our cash register would sometimes go offline or otherwise mess up, we have an old "knuckle-cruncher" hand held card machine we could use with the carbon-copies, remember those? But now, we can't even use that because all the stupid cards are flat. So, you have to write down the card info if the customer is ok w/that, and wait until the system is back up and plug it in by hand, and hope it's not declined. We do a lot of business with people from out of town, so no, they DON'T want to come back later, so it's that, or no sale or admission. It can be really frustrating. I sure hope they get your issue figured out soon!!

No Buy January done
    knit scarf 45% done
    work on trunk quilt ongoing
    Finish organizing fabric stash done
    get personal email inbox to under 100 emails done

Scarf is over halfway done. Might delay putting away the winter gear until I finish it. Cherry blossoms are budding so chances of super cold weather are very low at this time. Then there are times when we celebrated the Spring equinox with snow. Time to get ready for pollenpocalypse regardless. Quilt trunk blocks are done, I"ll work on placement this week and sew in the next weeks, goal is to have the top done before the end of March.

Bravo! Hana, you've made real progress!!!

Thread Information