Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: February Purge

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Don't know how old your son is, but if he is still living with you, put it up in HIS room! If he isn't, give it to him to put up in his own house.
    He just turn 23. I ended up taking it down when I got home and absolutely hated the results. I guess I had it up so long that I didn't like the empty space. I tried putting the wreath up by itself but it just didn't look right. Ended up pitting it back up. Lesson learned.

I did end up decluttering a piece of decor though. It was wooden squares that spelled out LOVE on one side and LUCK on the other. Always had a hard time keeping them upright and it was farmhouse style which really isn't my style.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Bobby's fine, it appears that our hosting provider blocked his computer's IP address for unknown reasons several months ago and then blocked his phone a month or so later. He's been keeping me up-to-date on all things Bobby related on Facebook Messenger while he waits for his dynamic IP address to change on one device or another.
    Thanks for the update, Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    He just turn 23. I ended up taking it down when I got home and absolutely hated the results. I guess I had it up so long that I didn't like the empty space. I tried putting the wreath up by itself but it just didn't look right. Ended up pitting it back up. Lesson learned.

I did end up decluttering a piece of decor though. It was wooden squares that spelled out LOVE on one side and LUCK on the other. Always had a hard time keeping them upright and it was farmhouse style which really isn't my style.
    I think it's cute that you missed it when you took it down! I get removing something and having an empty space. When our clock in the kitchen finally gave out, I had to put SOMETHING up, so put up a cute little picture that fit perfectly - like it was supposed to be there all the time. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I think it's cute that you missed it when you took it down! I get removing something and having an empty space. When our clock in the kitchen finally gave out, I had to put SOMETHING up, so put up a cute little picture that fit perfectly - like it was supposed to be there all the time. LOL
    What's interesting is for years, all that was in that space was a wreath. The HOME things took up more space than a lone wreath so putting another wreath up there by itself just looked weird. My actions came at a price though. The wreath ended up falling and scared one of my cats. That cat went running which freaked out the other cat. With both cats freaked out, they started hissing and fighting with each other. That led to having to separate them for the rest of the night and maybe longer because our one cat holds grudges and will be mad at the other for days or weeks at a time.

I took 15 items to Goodwill today. Total for month: 44.
    Last edited by ejchase; 3-1-24 at 3:50pm.

Yahoo! EJ, I need to take things to somewhere!

Thread Information