Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so much snow!!

so much snow!!

Here by myself this weekend and naturally the snow is piling up by the hour. DH always does the shoveling so I don't even know where to begin No doubt my neighbors will be laughing at my clumsy attempts. Snow is not simple.

Where are you again? General area, I mean.

I hate snow.

Neighbors with big snow machines go up and down the blocks and do most of the front walks here. I did see a woman today doing the walk up to her front door with a dust pan and six or eight inches of snow, for heavens sake. Most days have been so mild and sunny here that the snow doesn't seem to linger on the walks and roads long.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

I am in Colorado Springs area. 6 inches today. Finally went out and made a little path down the driveway and did the sidewalks. My neighbor saw me struggling and came over to help. Hoping for some melt tomorrow. I confess to using a dust pan at times too since the shovel is so heavy.

We have gotten very little snow so far this winter. It looks like we might get some substantial snowfall on Tuesday, prediction has changed from "snow showers" to "5 to 8 inches."

For me to be in contact with thick snow, I have to travel "Serra da Estrela Natural Park". It's a two and half hours trip. I went there maybe twice in my lifetime. I like to see snow in films, it's cozy. I wish I had climate disparity where I'm living, unfortunately, since I'm just 105 meters from the ocean, I don't see thick snow.

We had close to a foot about a month ago. There are still remnants of piles around from where parking lots were plowed.

If I could live in an area that would get 1 or 2 major snowfalls a year, I would be happy. Unfortunately where I am in Maryland, we rarely get a good snow storm and most of the time, hardly any snow at all.

Our little Great Lakes city is so far about twenty inches short of our average snowfall. Lake ice is way down too; which doesn’t keep idiots from venturing out on it.

Thread Information