Thread: Navalny is Dead

Navalny is Dead

Alexei Navalny has died in a Russian prison. A few years ago, President Biden threatened “devastating consequences” if that should happen. Hopefully someone on his staff will remind him of what he said.

And hopefully someone will remind the republicans in the house of reps that they need to think about this when disposing of the Ukraine aid bill.

The news has commented that Trump has been notably silent on the issue. He could have other things on his mind.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    The news has commented that Trump has been notably silent on the issue. He could have other things on his mind.
    Or he could be smart enough to know that it would be a bad idea to congratulate Putin publicly. Or at least not so soon after telling Putin he’d support him if russia attacked our allies.

Media talking about .trump not talking.

Does this is strike you or any of you here, as…odd? Odd as in the medias peculiar obsession with DJ Trump?
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Media talking about .trump not talking.

Does this is strike you or any of you here, as…odd? Odd as in the medias peculiar obsession with DJ Trump?
    Trump's recent attitudes about Russia seem news worthy to me as a potential major shift in foreign policy. I'd call his silence a message in itself. Even GOP Haley commented on his silence.

I see how this relates as reinforcement of his attitudes, but maybe he is using reverse media phycology to get more media attention?
    Last edited by Rogar; 2-18-24 at 6:51pm.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that he’s kept his yap shut for two days now about it.

Trump finally speaks out, but doesn't mention Putin.

“The sudden death of Alexei Navalny has made me more and more aware of what is happening in our Country,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “It is a slow, steady progression, with CROOKED, Radical Left Politicians, Prosecutors, and Judges leading us down a path to destruction. Open Borders, Rigged Elections, and Grossly Unfair Courtroom Decisions are DESTROYING AMERICA. WE ARE A NATION IN DECLINE, A FAILING NATION!”

Grossly unfair court decisions. That one is funny.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-20-24 at 6:11pm.
    I am not a serious person.

Trump finally speaks out, but doesn't mention Putin.

“The sudden death of Alexei Navalny has made me more and more aware of what is happening in our Country,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “It is a slow, steady progression, with CROOKED, Radical Left Politicians, Prosecutors, and Judges leading us down a path to destruction. Open Borders, Rigged Elections, and Grossly Unfair Courtroom Decisions are DESTROYING AMERICA. WE ARE A NATION IN DECLINE, A FAILING NATION!”
    LOLOL. He's almost as funny as the sad canadian couple that moved to Russia because they didn't want their kids exposed to the evil LGBTQ and quickly learned that maybe life in Russia would be way way worse.

Thread Information