Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Challenge 2024

I'm glad to have taken the test as it served as a good reminder to me that, no matter how well I may think I am doing - I could do better. And, more importantly - I WANT to do better. (Not a comment on anyone else - just a me-thing.)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Figure out Spring trip logistics done
    Work on trunk quilts 1 of 5 done
    Knit socks done
    Knit new cardigan pattern in progress
    Take items to Goodwill done
    Sort winter gear almost done

First quilt successfully delivered, and working on quilts #2 and #3, not sure when they will be delivered. Finished the socks on the Spring trip. Going to start another pair of socks soon since they're a great travel project and my company's annual convention is at the end of the month. Working on the cardigan by doing a small bit every day, should have it done by end of August at my current pace. Winter gear except my fall jacket is washed and stored. Currently going through a cold snap right now so I'll wash it and hang in the closet once it warms up again.

Today finally DH installed a banister on the stairway from the first floor to our basement. I’ve been asking for it for months, and gave him a deadline of May 1. So he’s only a few days off,

I live for 20 some years in our city house with no banister on the stairs. I’m not doing that again. OK well we still need a banister from our first floor to our second floor, but I think that will happen in the next six months.

The basement bannister was critically since I’m carrying flower junk up and down the steps.

Yes, glad you have the bannister Iris, they are crucial at our age!

Knit socks done
    knit 2nd pair 30%
    Sort winter gear almost done

Finished the top for quilt #2 and on a sewing break until June due to my company's convention this weekend and husband's dental surgery as soon as I get back. I'll start pinning quilt #2 to the backing and pin blocks for quilt #3. Still no idea when we will visit the in laws.

Added second pair of socks to the list since I'm taking it to the convention and will use it as wind down time in the evenings.

Think the cold snap is over, going to wait until after the convention to wash and put away the fall jacket. Last Saturday felt more like November than May.

I had forgotten to put it on my list this season, but I did the closet cleanout/seasonal switch yesterday. It only took me about 2 hours, and it used to take me several hours over 2 - 3 days. The slow and steady paring down of excess clothing has really made a difference!

Knit socks done
    Knit 2nd pair 50% done
    Sort winter gear done

Husband is recovering from surgery and is still under weight restrictions until his follow up appointment next week. The plan to clean out the invisible closet is delayed. I'll add it to the summer list.

Finished quilt top #3 and need to sew them to their backings. Probably a good sign since youngest nephew wants to buy the late in law's house. He and his wife (she's a vet) have a VA loan and it's subject to inspections and agreeing on a few things. Once those things are set we will visit for a couple of weeks so husband can sign his share of the paperwork and get a decent sized check.

Finished the one of the 2nd pair at the work convention and started the new one, I might put it aside for the Summer trip and focus on the cardigan.

Hana: I hope your husband makes a speedy recovery! In the meantime, you must explain about the "invisible closet" please!

Wishing your dh a speedy recovery! I'm also curious about the "invisible closet". LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rosa and happystuff: thanks for the well wishes. He still has a bit of swelling and looks like he was punched in the nose. Things are going according to the follow up information the surgeon sent us, and he can't lift anything heavier than 10lbs. He has a follow up on Tuesday

In one cleaning blog I follow describes invisible spots ie a closet, corner, room, or space you see so often that it doesn't register as a mess. The past few winters have been so mild that we rarely grab anything from the closet.

Thread Information