Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    We're in the path of totality, with yes, a whole lot of hoo hah being made about it. I'm more in the ho-hum camp, myself. Sorry Catherine!
    My DD and DSIL and to some extent my DS feel the same way, but I feel that the universe is such a strange and magical entity and perhaps one of the many, many things (I would say "blessings" instead of "things" but that might turn some people off) that we are privileged to enjoy, that I can't help but feel grateful for this occasion see it as an opportunity to marvel at the mysteries of our world.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We just got our power back after 4 days without so it's funny to be excited about it getting dark again, but we are really psyched here as we are about 99%. We ordered the glasses a couple of months ago and were thinking of going to be down with the kids but they have changed school pickups so that the kids won't be traveling at that time, so they've got complicated plans but everyone is going to watch it here on our end. Hear lots of people talking about it and there is a road sign up about watching for eclipse traffic so I think we are getting lots of visitors to the area. But they may have cancelled their trip with the storm and all the power outages, so who knows? Closer to totality than we were in the last one in Michigan so excited about that.

Very excited about it! To the point of my best friend and I booked a room in a totality city for Sunday to today. The drive would have taken most of yesterday and we wouldn't have been home until late tonight, but we were set to do it anyway. Both of us took today off from work.

Unfortunately, her "baby" - 14 year old dog - is in decline and hasn't been well the last couple of days, so we cancelled the trip. I am, however, driving to see her and we will find a spot to see what we might see.

Enjoy, everyone! And don't forget your eclipse glasses!!

PS - apparently wearing red and green is supposed to somehow enhance the experience. What the heck! I'll grab a green t-shirt and my red windbreaker.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I saw the eclipse of 2017. I remember the one from 1997. They weren't really lifechanging. It gets dark every day. I clearly do not understand the mania over it. Especially when I read of the price gouging going on with B&Bs, hotels, motels and such. Good grief. FOMO.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Kay, I really liked seeing the eerie changes in the light in 2017. It wasn't just dark, everything was different. So this year, when we are closer to the path, I'm really psyched. Want to take photos of the light for my album--I remember showing my dad the pictures in 2017 and he was really into them--I had good luck with the photos.

I just saw images from Missouri Department of transportation WebCam of Highway 55 cars Headed down to Cape Girardeau. It’s bumper-to-bumper. Those folks are not going to see much more than what I’m going to see because they didn’t get up yesterday and go to the Cape and sleep overnight as they should have.

Am doing every fifteen minutes--just a small slice is covered right now. So glad we got the glasses!

I can’t even pop my head out the back door at work as the sun is right there!!

A coworker had glasses so I got to see it. I looked at the ground behind a tree and saw lots of crescents on the ground. Very cool.

Wow, at 3:30 just a tiny sliver of the sun through the glasses, and the slice moved down to the bottom.

Thread Information