Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Widening War

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I was shocked and horrified to hear Quatar is pouring tons of money into elite American Universities.
    Which universities, and how much $$$ are they dumping in?

I was thinking more class disruptions and antisemitic romps, but youíre right.

The Peopleís Republic of China has also been pouring cash into US universities for some time now.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The Iranian regime is shit. Many of its citizens long for a more open society, one they knew before the Allytolah took over.
    I'm not saying Iran is wonderful by any means, IL. But one thing I'm trying to do less of is broadbrushing - even with the police. Here all I'm saying is that not all Iranians are bad news - I even know of one that's not. But yes the current regime IS problematic - granted and given. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Which universities, and how much $$$ are they dumping in?
    do not know. I highly doubt that is public information, which doesnít mean it isnt happening.

Why donít you use your contacts at Princeton to see if it is tainted in this way? Report back, I am i terested.
    I am not a serious person.

thank you for the sources, Tybee. Itís all interesting.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'm not saying Iran is wonderful by any means, IL. But one thing I'm trying to do less of is broadbrushing - even with the police. Here all I'm saying is that not all Iranians are bad news - I even know of one that's not. But yes the current regime IS problematic - granted and given. Rob
    Current regime? It’s been a cancer since 1979. Or do you consider it the same regime since then?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I was thinking more class disruptions and antisemitic romps, but youíre right.

The Peopleís Republic of China has also been pouring cash into US universities for some time now.
    Do you have details about this? Is it more money than they poured into president Emoluments Trumpís pocket during his presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Do you have details about this? Is it more money than they poured into president Emoluments Trumpís pocket during his presidency?
    https://www.wsj.com/world/china/chin...ities-244bab09

It seems the Chinese have been the largest source of foreign money since 2013.

I assume there are conspiracy theory websites happy to answer your second question.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/world/china/chin...ities-244bab09

It seems the Chinese have been the largest source of foreign money since 2013.

I assume there are conspiracy theory websites happy to answer your second question.
    Interesting. I wonder if they're getting their money's worth from the investments. At least Saudi Arabia waited until after Trump's son in law left power before they gave him his $2B gift. That seems like a smarter plan.

Thread Information