Thread: Catch me if you can

Catch me if you can

I’m not a big fan of watching movies repeatedly. One of the exceptions is ‘Catch Me If You Can’ one of SO’s favorites that I’ve seen several times now. Google news turned up this story today about a similar situation. There’s nothing particularly ‘simple living’ about this but the story is so fascinating that I just have to share.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...y-19422415.php

That was a fascinating story, JP.

Quite a story. it shows what ingenuity and chutzpah can do.

Wow.. great story.

It's amazing the nerve some people have. I have always been in awe of Frank "Catch Me If You Can" Abegnale--I agree with your SO, jp--that's a great film.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow.. great story.

It's amazing the nerve some people have. I have always been in awe of Frank "Catch Me If You Can" Abegnale--I agree with your SO, jp--that's a great film.
    I disagree about the film. The book was a favorite of mine for decades, long before that film came out. I’m not a Leo fan but besides that I thought the film was lackluster. The book is really exciting and I’m sure the author who is a professional liar exaggerated things here and there but still it was a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I disagree about the film. The book was a favorite of mine for decades, long before that film came out. I’m not a Leo fan but besides that I thought the film was lackluster. The book is really exciting and I’m sure the author who is a professional liar exaggerated things here and there but still it was a lot of fun
    I'm not surprised the book was better, so since I hadn't read the book prior to seeing the movie, I really did enjoy the movie. I can't think of too many times I thought the movie was better than the book.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm not surprised the book was better, so since I hadn't read the book prior to seeing the movie, I really did enjoy the movie. I can't think of too many times I thought the movie was better than the book.
    it just irritates me that they chose Leo DiCaprio, Babyface blonde boy, to play Frank Abagnale who was dark and swarthy, and looked older than he was.

okay---i read the book back in about 1982

I haven’t read the book either and am glad I hadn’t before seeing the movie since then I would have probably been disappointed. Of course now I need to read the book! I imagine the library has it.

One exception I’d make to the thing about the book usually being better was The Big Short. They did a great job of taking a fairly dry book about complex financial stuff and making it interesting. The naked woman sipping Champaign in a bubble bath and explaining CDO’s or whatever was brilliant!

Thread Information