Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How closely are you following the Hush Money Trial?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I just hope he gets jail time on this, getting Al Capone for tax evasion.
    What crime do you think he should be convicted of before summarily sending him to jail?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What crime do you think he should be convicted of before summarily sending him to jail?
    I can think of several grievous fashion crimes that would warrant confinement and re-education. Let's talk about the tie issue, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I can think of several grievous fashion crimes that would warrant confinement and re-education. Let's talk about the tie issue, for instance.
    Well, since the goal of a portion of our judicial, administrative and legislative state as well as about a third of our voting populace seems to be putting him in jail for any imaginable reason, I suppose that would work. Personally though, if I were vindictive enough I'd start with his mis-treatment of hair and attempt to elevate that to a federal offense.

It shouldn't be hard, we've already seen that our judicial system can be quite maleable.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    They need a channel that is Donald JTrump trials all the time, a separate channel just for that.
    Not only do I completely agree with you, IL, but you gave me a good laugh, Thank You. Rob

Even for someone who has been for years as disenfranchised from this society as I have been - EVEN I can clearly see that January 6th, 2021 was an attempt to overthrow the election results at a bare minumum and I'm afraid much more. EVEN I CAN SEE THAT. Were this a country to truly be proud of, were it all that in reality - Donald James Trump would have long ago been sentenced to lengthy years in prison. This has yet to happen - so - have I made my point? Rest assured if you can't see the point, Alan, which to me is clearly visible from many miles away, the folks in my neighborhood (no I won't mention my zip code again) can and do see this point. Instantly. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Although I don't have DJT's money, and even though most of my clothes are second hand (these days by choice, though, to be fair), I believe I dress better on many days than DJT does. Ick......I know I am a gay man (which DOES NOT auto-translate into fashion wizardry), but seriously - can the man depart from icky navy blue that does not work for him? And could he not pick a more muted color for his ties? This 80's "power look" does him no favors.

Do you'all remember the Q-Anon shaman from 2021? Turns out he's from Central Phoenix, AZ, himself, but apparently lives North of me in a higher income area of Central Phoenix. Point being I'd be glad to take him to Central Phoenix thrift shops for a desperately needed makeover. Even with my debateable fashion sense I could pick out that which would dress him much better than he dresses himself. Ditto DJT If he could behave and be markedly less obnoxious for an hour or two I could re-outfit him better secondhand than he dresses himself. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I continue to wonder why this man is so fascinating to people that the media makes it their mission to cover his every word and deed. Boring...
    To me, it's simply this. Donald James Trump represents the lack of morals and ethics and decency in US society and the mission to make and worship money at all costs, regardless of the damage to both the planet and the human race. To watch Donald James Trump for any length of time is to come face to face with the slow motion collapse of US society. Even as repulsed by the man as I am as I can see straight though him to the evil lurking right at the surface - it can be fascinating for someone like myself who has never been in denial of the dark side of the United States to come face to face with this epitome of what is wrong with the United States/potential instigator of it's quickening pace of fall. And then when I realize that roughly 1/2 of the US continues to support him, I feel very grateful that I realistically will never fit into this society at any level other than the surface. Rob

Well, since the goal of a portion of our judicial, administrative and legislative state as well as about a third of our voting populace seems to be putting him in jail for any imaginable reason, I suppose that would work. Personally though, if I were vindictive enough I'd start with his mis-treatment of hair and attempt to elevate that to a federal offense.

It shouldn't be hard, we've already seen that our judicial system can be quite maleable.
    Actually there are 94 very specific reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Actually there are 94 very specific reasons.
    +1,000. But I have no faith that he will be incarcerated for years as you or I would. Translation: The Constitution - at least at the moment - would appear to be nothing better than off brand heavily discounted toilet paper. At the moment it's crystal clear that all men are not created equal. Adding this to a lack of socialized medicine, is there any reason to have any faith or loyalty in this country? Seriously, we need to thank DJT - more Americans every day are waking up to the bitter truth of the United States. If Donald Trump is not incarcerated, do you (plural meaning you'all) really want to be around here for the payback as more people wake up to the truth of the US?

Your choice. I don't owe such to this country, do you? Rob

Thread Information