Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your wish for the Current Trump Trial?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

What is your wish for the Current Trump Trial?

I finally have a day off and have slept in late and ate healthy (!!!) and am catching up on things. I have been paying a little attention to Michael Cohen's testimony and I don't know what tricks the defense has but I personally find the testimony damning beyond repair. But I have been wrong about Trump's chances of survival over and over and over again, I no longer predict anything and I also understand roughly half of the US disagrees with me.

So then I wondered - whevever you stand on Trump, what is your wish for this trial, for it's outcome?

I'll go first. I wish DJT to be incarcerated but given his age I find the idea of dying in prison depressing, too, and less humane than I care to be. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 5-14-24 at 6:40pm.

Itíll depend on if the jury believes cohen to be a credible witness. He does seem to have brought the receipts though. Literally.

I wish for the jury to hear the testimony, weigh the evidence, and come to a conclusion.

I wish for everything bae does and also for Republican politicians to stop going to the courthouse steps and doing what trump canít because of his gag order. That senior people in the party, like Mike Johnson, would do so is beyond pathetic. Apparently brown noses are a badge of honor in an otherwise completely dishonorable political party.

Pretty much with Bae. I'd also hope for the same end point for Donald as your every day guy charged with the same charges but without millions of dollars invested in defense lawyers (or prosecuting staff for that matter), intimidation of jurors and judges, and without endless appeals only to delay the inevitable or pardon yourself if elected.

Personally, I think Don is a bad person and deserves some form of karma for his transgressions or his mental disorders. I could not be a juror.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

What bae and Rogar said, along with wishing that the outcome would be that he was ineligible to run for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    What bae and Rogar said, along with wishing that the outcome would be that he was ineligible to run for president.
    I agree. The most important thing is to block his access to power. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I agree. The most important thing is to block his access to power. Rob
    Isn't that the goal of all the lawsuits?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Isn't that the goal of all the lawsuits?
    Can you think of a more noble, humanitarian goal than to protect the United States fron going full on Dictator Nation than by blocking his access to power via FINALLY charging him for his numerous crimes? Blocking DJT from power can't possibly happen fast enough - though I will give you this much - I am not at all thrilled with the prospect of another four years of Biden/Harris. Let's hope this first trial here gets him incarcerated so that the United States can be spared Dictatorship - and also the prospect of speeding up an eventual split, as the United States is roughly 50/50 polarized these days. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Can you think of a more noble, humanitarian goal than to protect the United States fron going full on Dictator Nation than by blocking his access to power via FINALLY charging him for his numerous crimes?
    I'm afraid that it's looking more and more like these various legal prosecutions are convincing people that we're becoming a Banana Republic as various elected officials spend their career's trying to piece together possible offenses in hopes of bringing down their favorite bogeyman and corrupting democracy in the process.

Personally, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that these efforts, and the support they receive from like minded citizens, are on the cusp of guaranteeing a second Trump term, something I'm not necessarily in favor of. When it happens, I can only hope that those who facilitate and cheer on this travesty are constantly reminded of what they've done.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information