Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your wish for the Current Trump Trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Personally, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that these efforts, and the support they receive from like minded citizens, are on the cusp of guaranteeing a second Trump term, something I'm not necessarily in favor of. When it happens, I can only hope that those who facilitate and cheer on this travesty are constantly reminded of what they've done.
    Between the support the trials are garnering for Trump, and the pro-Hamas-terrorist cosplay amongst our college youth, at this point I see a Trump victory as a very likely outcome in this election.

Vegas seems to agree:

2024 U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BETTING ODDS
    Donald Trump 1/1
    Joe Biden 11/10
    Michelle Obama 16/1
    Robert Kennedy Jr. 16/1
    Gavin Newsom 40/1
    Kamala Harris 40/1
    Nikki Haley 55/1
    Gretchen Whitmer 100/1
    All Other Candidates listed at 150/1 or higher

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm afraid that it's looking more and more like these various legal prosecutions are convincing people that we're becoming a Banana Republic as various elected officials spend their career's trying to piece together possible offenses in hopes of bringing down their favorite bogeyman and corrupting democracy in the process.

Personally, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that these efforts, and the support they receive from like minded citizens, are on the cusp of guaranteeing a second Trump term, something I'm not necessarily in favor of. When it happens, I can only hope that those who facilitate and cheer on this travesty are constantly reminded of what they've done.
    For Trump to be reelected, by the man's own admission, is to usher in an Authoritarian Dictatorship. I have done what little I can do with the time and energy constraints I work under these days to be part of the Resistance. It's all about blocking access to power for this clueless wanna be Dictator and encouraging our young to immigrate out of the US where there still is hope, where there still may be a future. Given the student debt nightmare, America really does not deserve nor has earned retaining it's young - they'd do better elsewhere. Thankfully it is far from rare for Gen Z to know this - they didn't drink the Cool Aid.

At any rate, my point tried to be that I'm not guilty should the Evil Monster/Wanna Be Dictator be reelected. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Given that closing arguements are said to be taking place next week, we may soon get a verdict in the Hush Money Trial. Should it be guilty, I have an outfit picked out and I will be making a coconut based spicy chickpea stew and I'll take a PTO day if I can wrangle it to celebrate with neighbors. Certainly a guilty verdict followed by long overdue nasty consequences further weighing the Orange Goon down with yet another appeal is worth a celebration!!!

My take is that it's 50/50 - but remember, if the verdict is not guilty, take heart anyway. Should DJT get away with his numerous crimes that you or I would rot in prison for, this is only more long term ammunition for this country to split up, something it sorely needs to do at this point. So it's not a complete loss should DJT continue to circumvent the US legal system - his skating only plants more seeds for an eventual split up of this country. Rob

Noone really deserves this shit (living under trump), but half the voting county are horrific assholes, so we will get it. But no you'll never convince me the decent people somehow "deserved it" just because of the assholes. One could make the case for a not-Biden candidate, but there aren't any, one can not make the case for Trump, people forget how bad it was. They have the memory of houseflies.
    Trees don't grow on money

If I were a betting man I could put a few bucks on 55/1 odds for Haley, figuring if Don had some big health issue she would be a shoe in. He's looked a little stressed in some of the trial news features. I see he's said something about a requirement that Biden take a drug test before the debate. I'd be asking both for a mental evaluation for competency.

Mainstream news reporting of the polls says that if he losses his trial(s) and convicted of a felony, he will lose quick a few percentages of popularity. I'm not holding my breath for that.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Between the support the trials are garnering for Trump, and the pro-Hamas-terrorist cosplay amongst our college youth, at this point I see a Trump victory as a very likely outcome in this election.
    I think you may be right. It seems the only trial with much chance of concluding before the election is Bragg’s, which is probably the weakest. Trying to parlay misdemeanors into felonies by way of the election laws seems like the sort of ramshackle scaffolding that will certainly be appealed. And even if not, he wouldn’t be the first presidential candidate to run from prison. So far, it seems to be helping him more than hurting.

Despite his best lies and arguments to the contrary, he hasn’t been able to sell himself as an economic savior.

Gaza was always going to be a no-win for him and no amount of smoke and mirrors were going to save him there.

okay----pure & simple---OJ got out of HIS quandary, so President Trump surely will prevail & rise above alla that demmacrap. Yup. Way it should be. hope that helps you some, but it won't, I know. Ha. TS. Thankk mee.

Thread Information