Thread: Which podcasts are you listening to?

Which podcasts are you listening to?

I like BBC podcasts - especially the daily news one: Newscast. Americast and Ukraine cast are done at least weekly.

Dave Ramsey’s show. Various NPR ones. Just discovered that PBS Newshour’s TV show is formatted as a podcast and audio available each evening by 9pm. Listening to today’s now. I much prefer to read or listen to my news.

I listen to podcasts all the time, constantly. Are use Spotify and YouTube to deliver. here’s what I listen to in the realm of politics and culture:

At the moment, and it changes every few months, I REALLY like Konstatin Kisin in all of his various forms, including all of his broadcasts with his sidekick Francis Foster on Triggernometry even the silly stuff.

These two are 40-ish politically moderate British guys who find themselves being accused of being conservative all too often. They bring various people of various viewpoints to their show and have reasonable conversations.

Through these two I’ve gone down a rabbit hole of British influencers so now I’m listening to a high percentage of Brits. Douglas Murray. Andrew Gold. The Irish guy who is so cute. Russell Brand off and on tho not lately since his conversion to Christianity.

I like seeing people a generation or two younger than me who are politically moderate or conservative.

The United States has the media company The Dailey Wire but there are too many click-bait loud voices associated with them for me to like too much of it. I do like Ben Shapiro but a little of him goes along ways. They booted Candace Owens, good for their credibility. Matt Walsh walking around asking “what is a woman “got old fast even though I will admit it took me a long time to figure out why that question was important. There’s an old guy ( my age) associated with The Dailey Wire who I didn’t know existed until Triggernometry guys gave him a good and thorough interview platform. Wish I could think of his name. he gave a great talk about anti-Semitism to the Triggernometry audience.

My main source for trans issues are British writers and speakers. I think they have a comprehensive handle on the issue over there. America is too fractured with some parts of the country having different ideas and WAY too many loud Clickbait voices in the trans critical space . The Brits have been thinking about this issue and writing about it for longer than we have and I tend to see only Clickbait podcasts in the United States. I remember hearing Germaine Greer (major radical feminist of the 70’s) several years ago talk about the threat of trans women to feminism. I didn’t understand what she was talking about but now I do.

The people I respect writing and speaking about trans issues from the “trans critical “side: Kathleen Stock, Douglas Murray, Helen Joyce, …there are others, I have to look up their names and come back. There are also a couple of female identifying influencers (i.e. trans women) who I like because they are moderate and are able to help me understand a few things.

I also listen to American podcasts The Editors, Honestly, The Remnant, Charles C. Cooke.

"Lore" is on my rotation. It explores the darker side of history and folklore and is mostly a fun listen. It's won a number of awards and not really any darker than modern society.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

While I'm sewing I enjoy listening to Levar Burton Reads (short stories). I understand he is not producing any more episodes, but I think I can listen to older ones for quite some time.

I was listening to This Is Love but I quit because the main narrator's voice was just so annoying to me. I enjoyed the stories but yuck.

I listen to several baseball-related podcasts and one called What Was That Like?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    While I'm sewing I enjoy listening to Levar Burton Reads (short stories). I understand he is not producing any more episodes, but I think I can listen to older ones for quite some time.

I was listening to This Is Love but I quit because the main narrator's voice was just so annoying to me. I enjoyed the stories but yuck.

I listen to several baseball-related podcasts and one called What Was That Like?

Key! so funny, I too became tired of Phoebe Judge in the podcast “Criminal.”

the episodes varied widely in interest for me but her stupid voice became untenable.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-14-24 at 2:32am.

Glad it wasn't just me!

I listen to Ram Dass Love, Serve, Remember podcasts almost every night. I plug him in when I go to bed and drift off to sleep with his really insightful and often humorous talks on Eastern spirituality. I also listen to Tim Ferriss and and Ramit Shethi (thanks, IL!). occasionally Dave Ramsey (but not so much anymore since he is only one of 4-5 co-hosts) and Derek Sivers who is quite the character, but he never really developed his podcasts. He's more of a writer.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Glad it wasn't just me!
    This prompted me to go to Reddit to see if anyone else has written about Phoebe Judge and her voice. OMG there are several threads about her, not necessarily complementary. There are several people who like me cannot stand the way she says “com” as in DOT COM.

you gotta love Reddit because there’s a thread for complaining about everything.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-16-24 at 12:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This prompted me to go to Reddit to see if anyone else has written about Phoebe Judge and her voice. OMG there are several threads about her, not necessarily complementary. There’s several people who like me cannot stand the way she says “com” as in DOT COM.

you gotta love Reddit because there’s a thread for complaining about everything.
    You mean half-swallowing "dot-comb?"
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

You mean half-swallowing "dot-comb?"
    Yes that’s it, she does indeed swallow it!

Thread Information