Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June Purge

Tybee: You turned out to be a good Mainer with all those potatoes! Now you just need to grow some blueberries and get a few lobster traps!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tybee: You turned out to be a good Mainer with all those potatoes! Now you just need to grow some blueberries and get a few lobster traps!
    I have been eyeing blueberry bushes but they are so expensive!

We store ours in the fall in 5 gallon buckets, wrapped in newspaper. So what we don't eat starts to sprout and by April, we have all these potatoes to plant. This year I guess we weren't eating many so now it's kind of exponential.

Haha!

DH is growing potatoes for the first time in many years. We shall see how they turn out. We’ve not had good luck in the past.

I tried to purge a piece of furniture that needs to go, but I cannot. I love it too much. It is a Victorian era round table that served as our dining table for several years. I think it is made of Chesnut. I am going to jam it into the tv room for a while.

Now we need a dining table of entire different shape to fit in a space.

I got rid of "snibbles" of paper with list, websites, inspiration, jottings, handy people, book titles- they all were placed on a proper piece of paper then put in the right folder or thrown out or completed! From now on I use a WHOLE sheet of Good on one side paper for each day's jottings. Less messy!

God. Just when I think I have finished an organization job…more shows up!

last week I organized keys to our condo after organizing all of the keys for our Hermann house.

I just found YET ANOTHER KEY RING with condo keys including TWO front door keys. WHY????!!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-10-24 at 12:55pm.

IL: Do you have a large foyer where you could put the round table topped with a majestic flower arrangement?
    NSWEF: I too have snibbles, and I'm glad they have a name! I weed through them periodically and toss, file somewhere, or keep in a designated spot in one of my desk drawers.

IL: Do you have a large foyer where you could put the round table topped with a majestic flower arrangement?
    NSWEF: I too have snibbles, and I'm glad they have a name! I weed through them periodically and toss, file somewhere, or keep in a designated spot in one of my desk drawers.
    oh no, I am well past the age of having houses with grand entry foyers. I’m just pleased that my Hermann cottage has an entryway because my old Victorian house did not, you stepped from the front door right into the living room.

snibbles - I like that!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have to give credit for the word snibbles to my college friend (of 55 years!) who shared it with me.

Thread Information