Page 425 of 426 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 4253

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Siouz Q I love leftover night!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Must be in the air - I was getting tired of shopping and cooking the same old standbyes so last week I told K. that we each need to come up with one new recipe per week. I chose Chicken Biryani with Basmati Rice (done completely in the rice cooker!) and K. came up with a version of homemade "Hambuger Helper with Potatoes" which actually was very good. He's such a meat & potatoes guy.

Tonight is leftover night so I don't have to think about cooking anything.
    hmmmm, I will look for a recipe for a biryani in the crockpot. The year I retired I swore I would learn to make a good biryani and it was so complicated! My version ended up not like anything that reflected the time put into it. It was perfectly edible and it was good. It was just… Not like restaurants.

to combat the boredom and food issue, I went to the international food store yesterday and stocked up on a few things. I knew it needed to do a little bit more tie and Indian cooking. I only know a couple of recipes, but that’s what I crave, something interesting.

My rant today is online dynamic pricing on everything from airfare to amazon products. Very frustrating to spend a lot of time looking for a good price only to have a higher price when you get ready to check out online. Seems like it ought to be illegal since it is a deceptive practice.

Iris lilies: We found this recipe for a samosa filling. WE simplified it and use it as a side dish without the tortilla. Also good with an egg on it. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27...sa-quesadilla/

Trying a new vegetarian burrito filling today with cooked rice, beans and a variety of veggies.

The Chicken Biryani was servicable, if not a just little bland in my book. Next time I'm going to tweak it a bit. I often cook stuff by using up to three different recipes. I'm also notorious for not reading recipes all the way through to the cooking instructions - I just look and see if I have at least 3/4 of the ingredients, lol!

The Samosadilla recipe looks awesome - I wonder if my spouse would eat it though...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Iris lilies: We found this recipe for a samosa filling. WE simplified it and use it as a side dish without the tortilla. Also good with an egg on it. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27...sa-quesadilla/

Trying a new vegetarian burrito filling today with cooked rice, beans and a variety of veggies.
    That samosa filling would be good. I love samosas of course, most people do. And I learned in my Indian cooking class to make them with a particular brand of tortilla but now I can’t remember which brand is best. But the filling would be great without the tortilla

I made chicken salad from the rotisserie chicken left overs. Cran berry raisins , tarragon, mayonnaise, an apple. The husband does the chopping so I just have to mix. It's good and we have enough for tonight as well!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I made chicken salad from the rotisserie chicken left overs. Cran berry raisins , tarragon, mayonnaise, an apple. The husband does the chopping so I just have to mix. It's good and we have enough for tonight as well!!!!
    That sounds good! We recently had tuna sandwiches with arugula, capers and heirloom tomato, and it really elevated it to something quite special. We often pick up grocery store sushi for a quick meal in the hot weather, and we've decided to do tuna sandwiches on those nights instead since it's just as good (if not better) and a whole lot cheaper. If we're really craving sushi, we're better off waiting until we're at a good sushi restaurant.

Happy little plant, sad little plant:

IMG_4876.jpgIMG_4877.jpg
    One is a Calcatera, the other one is a Wire plant. Purchased on the same day. One immediately started pushing up new leaves and has unfurled itself into a handsome little plant. The wire plant just as immediately went into decline, deciding it hated me. It hates living here.

I do like it when they make it known immediately we are not a match! But I am sad because the wire plant was pretty cool.

Yesterday was quite the challenge. I was slated to fly out of Albuquerque on Wednesday morning at 10:00 am and arrive in St. Louis by 5:30 with one longish layover in Dallas. I didn't sleep very well because you know how it is when you are going to be traveling - you start waking up every hour so you don't miss your alarm. When I did get up, there were two text messages saying the flight from Albuquerque was delayed by a significant amount of time. So I waited over an hour to leave the house and drive the 50 miles to the airport. Twice more while I was driving I got more text alerts about more delay.

The 10:00 flight didn't leave until 12:00, which made my connecting flight out of Dallas uncomfortably close, so I decided to be proactive and switch my ticket to the later flight to St. Louis. Weirdly enough, we somehow landed in Dallas with about 30 minutes to spare for my original 2nd flight (which I no longer had a ticket to).
    I decided to make a mad dash on the SkyTrain to the other terminal in the hopes they had an extra seat remaining (along with about 12 other people with the same idea on standby). No such luck, the earlier flight closed and so then I had to wait two more hours for my new flight.

My hope was to land and get the shuttle to the car rental place and drive the 18 miles into St. Louis so I could find IL's condo before it got dark and I actually succeeded! I literally pulled into the guest parking spot as the sun slipped behind all the tall trees.

Between not sleeping well the night before and the stress of waiting and waiting and running and waiting some more, then listening to a toddler screaming in the seat behind me for a solid 30 minutes upon approach to St. Louis, it was the most stressful day I've had in a long time. But I slept really well, and today everything I set out to do on this visit has been accomplished. I'll post about that later because I'm still pretty wiped out, but suffice it to say, I will be visiting St. Louis again in about six weeks when I have my surgery. There are a LOT of moving parts to arrange and I'm not going to worry about it just yet. I'm flying back home tomomorrow and it will be another really, really long day by the time I land and drive back from Albuquerque.

Thread Information