Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 188 of 188

Thread: A Palestinian State

  1. #181
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    24,908
    Those shekels are very crisp. they were protected wherever they laid for centuries.
    I am not a serious person.

  2. #182
    Senior Member littlebittybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,638
    Okay--Simply put: God's chosen people are free to practice their religion in the Jewish Autonomous Oblast. But apparently they prefer the prime real estate elsewhere. Read up on the so-called Russian Mennonites, too. Mant interesting comparisons, there .

  3. #183
    Senior Member littlebittybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,638
    Okay--it is 5,000 miles from the JAO to Moscow. Present temp in Birobizhan, JAO; 15 F; Tel Aviv,75 f. See?

  4. #184
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    11,440

  5. #185
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    11,440
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Those shekels are very crisp. they were protected wherever they laid for centuries.
    I can greatly recommend "Coincraft", a small family-owned store in London right across the street from the British Museum:

    https://coincraft.com/

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,196
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You should forward copies to Code Pink, BLM and the Democratic Socialists of America.

  7. #187
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    24,908
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I can greatly recommend "Coincraft", a small family-owned store in London right across the street from the British Museum:

    https://coincraft.com/
    I dont want to spend the necessary dinero on near-perfect coins. Condition is key in that collecting world as you know.

    The oldest thing I have in my house is a coin from the reign of one of the Scottish Stuarts, I think it might be the first James. I got it in Edinburough and because I could afford it, it has very soft features.
    I also have two pieces of 18 century, Scottish silver, and of course thatís not very old compared to your coin, but itís just a couple of things that I like.
    I am not a serious person.

  8. #188
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    14,430
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I dont want to spend the necessary dinero on near-perfect coins. Condition is key in that collecting world as you know.

    The oldest thing I have in my house is a coin from the reign of one of the Scottish Stuarts, I think it might be the first James. I got it in Edinburough and because I could afford it, it has very soft features.
    I also have two spoons of 18 centur Scottish origin, silver, and of course that’s not very old compared to your coin, but it’s just a couple of things that I like.
    So cool, IL!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •