Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Kindle died!

My Kindle died!

I think that the content is still there, but the screen went bonkers. My DD bought it thru Amazon and we can't find and purchase info on it. It was bought last April for my birthday.

I went back and read reviews and it seems that there were many bad ones.

Anyone else have problems with theirs?
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    I think that the content is still there, but the screen went bonkers. My DD bought it thru Amazon and we can't find and purchase info on it. It was bought last April for my birthday.

I went back and read reviews and it seems that there were many bad ones.

Anyone else have problems with theirs?
    I would call amazon, even without your receipt if you bought it from them they know exactly when you bought it and I'm pretty sure they track the serial number and everything. It's also probably in your past orders on your amazon account. Mine died about a month after I received it and they had everything on file, they replaced mine but of course it was really brand new when it died. Good luck!

If you bought it from Amazon, you should be able to find the purchase in your online account.

and, not to worry about your content, as Amazon keeps it "in the cloud" as well, so all your content can be transferred practically instantly to your new Kindle.

We've both had ours for about a year, and had no problems, and haven't heard of any from others we know who have them, but I have heard that the Kindle Fire was perhaps rushed to market a bit too quickly and there have been problems with them.

I agree, get in touch with Amazon. I don't know how long the guarantee is on the Kindles, but I know that retrieving the content will be no problem. Heck, if you end up buying a book from Amazon that you borrowed at some previous time from your local public library on your Kindle, Amazon can even put your highlights and notes into your purchased copy......electrons are amazingly movable (pun intended)

I'm on my second Kindle. My first one died and would not take a charge. Amazon replaced it for free, immediately. Now my replacement Kindle is starting to act funny. It freezes up and I have to restart it. Amazon's customer service is great but I'm a little frustrated. Both Kindles were about 6 months old.

My books don't act up like this. Just sayin.'

edited to correct my meaning, sorry!
    Last edited by iris lily; 1-20-12 at 9:05pm.

I just read today that there is some kind of connection between these "freezes" and shutdowns and the covers which have some kind of metal binding which fiddles with the magnetics in the Kindle. Might be worth checking out.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Well, if Sissy's Kindle was bought last April, it's not the Kindle Fire, which just came out in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    My books act up like this. Just sayin.'
    Haha IrisLily, you cracked me up when I most needed a laugh! Thanks!

Iris, you made me laugh, too! No,I don't have a Kindle Fire, I have the kindle that is a step up from the least expensive one.

I called them and got the best customer service ever. I had received the Kindle from DH but my DD ordered it, so I figured that there was no way that they could even identify it. But I gave them my email addy and she found out when it was purchased and said that I would get a new (or refurbished one in 2 days and would be able to download all of my books. Happy Day.

I am very thankful for your advice and imput. (I wish that I could put all of the books that I do have on it!)
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

Thread Information