Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great News on the Creative Front

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA

Great News on the Creative Front

If you've written and self-published a book (especially an ebook), you know how difficult it is to get your book reviewed. At least I've found it so. And since my effort doesn't have an agent, and a PR firm is out of my budget, it becomes even more challenging.

So, imagine my surprise to find the following review http://energybulletin.net/stories/20...a-comroe-frank posted on the Post Carbon Institute's news site The Energy Bulletin.

I'd sent the reviewer a free ebook a few months back and had forgotten about it, figuring another wasted effort. Lo and behold, the review appeared yesterday--along with a nice spike in book sales.

Just want to say to other creative spirits--Never Give Up! Never Surrender! You just never know...

Since the reviewer compared my salty female lead character and narrator to Bill Murray's unpleasant character in Groundhog Day, I'm dreaming Falling Thorough Time might be optioned for a movie...

Just putting it out there in the universe. Anyone know any Hollywood agents looking for a hot property? Six degrees of separation and all...lol
    Last edited by HappyHiker; 4-25-12 at 12:13pm. Reason: typo
    peaceful, easy feeling

Wow!! Congratulations! That is AWESOME... I just bought it for my kindle, and looking forward to reading it!

Sounds like with the success of the Hunger Games, sci-fi with strong female protagonists may be a great trend to ride!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Congratulations!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yes, congratulations indeed! You've nudged me to get my own book written (ahem) and then published as an e-book, and then reviewed! At present, my situation is this: BOOK = I could have written that! + Yeah, but you didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow!! Congratulations! That is AWESOME... I just bought it for my kindle, and looking forward to reading it!

Sounds like with the success of the Hunger Games, sci-fi with strong female protagonists may be a great trend to ride!
    Wow, thanks for your purchase (let me know how you like it!) and observations--never thought about sci-fi with strong female protagonists being a hot trend--but you're right!

Falling Through Time would make an appealing movie--one I'd like to see myself (and the romantic interest looks like Daniel Day Lewis..who do you see playing Summer?) Maybe Angelina Jolie? Or Meryl Streep--she was so wonderfully bitchy in The Devil Wears Prada....
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Yes, congratulations indeed! You've nudged me to get my own book written (ahem) and then published as an e-book, and then reviewed! At present, my situation is this: BOOK = I could have written that! + Yeah, but you didn't!
    Go for it! What helped me a lot was being in a writing group. They got caught up in my tale and demanded a new chapter--or two--every meeting we had...we need support and cheer-leading for our creative efforts. At least I do, it really helps to have a support network to keep on keeping on...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Wow, what an accomplishment! Congratulations...

Congratulations! Is your novel only available as an ebook? I'd love to purchase a hard copy for our library!

I'm currently working on a book (not fiction - it is a gardening/permaculture almanac) and having trouble with the formatting (dang computers) - but I'll get there! I'll have to come back and ask for your advice on getting reviews when the time comes!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. -- Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Congratulations! Is your novel only available as an ebook? I'd love to purchase a hard copy for our library!

I'm currently working on a book (not fiction - it is a gardening/permaculture almanac) and having trouble with the formatting (dang computers) - but I'll get there! I'll have to come back and ask for your advice on getting reviews when the time comes!
    Thanks for your comments...and wanting buy a hard copy for your library. Falling Through Time is only an e-book right now. Thanks to your encouragement, though, I am searching for an agent to help sell print and movie rights...figure I might as well aim for the stars...maybe dreams really do come true...

And let me know what I can do to help your find reviewers...I'm just now learning, but happy to share with sister/fellow creatives. We need to stick together, yes?
    peaceful, easy feeling

There's nothing like financial interest in a creative effort of yours. Good luck!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information