Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my kingdom for a good pillow!

I use a contoured pillow. My neck likes it best. I believe it's memory foam, but I can't guarantee that. It is foam of some kind though. Doesn't bunch up at all, and keeps it's shape.

I like down pillows, and I've found one of the better buys is from Pacific Coast Down (Company Store is good, too, though they don't have much of a retail footprint). I just went to Kohl's/Mervyn's/Herberger's during a White sale or some other big-deal sale and tried 'em out. Liked them so much the next pair (I use two) were ordered from PCF over the Internet. Again, though, it's definitely one of those try-before-you-buy things.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Steve: Pacific Coast Down is my preferred pillow as well, and I also use two. DH uses a buckwheat hull pillow on top of a down pillow.

The pillow I use is a Sleep Doctor which I bought at JC Penney. It's hard, and that's what I need--I'm a side sleeper. Anything else does not support my neck enough. I believe it is memory foam; it retains its shape and is NOT hot.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

My husband had terrible neck pain issues enough to go to a highly rated sports chiroptacter 2 hours away. He recommended that we use down pillows because we can punch them into the best shape to fit under neck and ear. We did and think it was great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Merski View Post
    My husband had terrible neck pain issues enough to go to a highly rated sports chiroptacter 2 hours away. He recommended that we use down pillows because we can punch them into the best shape to fit under neck and ear. We did and think it was great advice.
    That's what I like about pellet pillows. you can adjust them for a perfect fit and they stay that way.

Pellet sounds interesting. I think that down is hot. I am seriously thinking about checking Penny's for the memory foam (contour) I would really like to check it out before buying.

I appreciate all of the imput.
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

Thread Information