Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Been home from vacation for a week and have 2 bags to donate. We were in many people’s homes during our trip and most had way more stuff than we do so that felt good.

TT: That reminds me of when I help my mom declutter, and then come home all motivated to do the same in my own house!
    Three more books in the donation box - I am on a roll! As fascinating as he was, will I really ever want to re-read Ed Gein's biography?

I never read a book again so out they go when I am done. I started decluttering 15 years ago. I got super serious 6 years ago when I retired. Sold half our furniture when we moved. I never used to notice how much stuff is in other people’s homes but do now which I find weird.

I almost never re-read books anymore either. I've always enjoyed being able to lend books, but hell, that's why we have libraries.

I never lend them out but I give them away so they are no longer my problem)

I'm still awed by being able to keep hundreds of books in my pocket via Kindle. Heaven.
    I only keep richly-illustrated books and some cookbooks (that I never use) for the most part.

2 more bras out! And a loaf pan that always makes a too-dry bread. I'm going to buy a glass pyrex for the cabin. I'm done with that no-stick thing. I was going to toss a warped nonstick cookie sheet too but it's coming in handy for containing quilt piece cutting so for now, it's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    TT: That reminds me of when I help my mom declutter, and then come home all motivated to do the same in my own house!
    Three more books in the donation box - I am on a roll! As fascinating as he was, will I really ever want to re-read Ed Gein's biography?
    Hahaha! I should hope not.
    But I'm still hanging on to The Phantom Prince, by Ted Bundy's former squeeze.

In DH’s absence, I cleaned out bathroom drawers, a t shirt. In the garbage, a lot,of junk that was hanging on for decades.

Have toss half a garbage can of crap feom the now definct greenhouse.

in the next few days
    I will organize food containers and toss them out if no lids, will also toss out excess lids.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Hahaha! I should hope not.
    But I'm still hanging on to The Phantom Prince, by Ted Bundy's former squeeze.
    Oh, ya gotta hold that one! I love that book, have read it more than once.

edited to add, copies on ABE used book site range fro, $149 to $500.

Thread Information