Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July Frugals!

@rosarugosa,

Dinner tonight was grilled T-bone, baked potato, and steamed purslane, with a locally produced red wine (grape and currant juice, I believe). The flavors of each item followed one another strongly.

Wood sorrel Oxalis is plentiful here. I have been considering pulling some up for tea. I think French cooking uses sorrel Polygonaceae for soup … two different plants.

Yppej
    Went to Aldi's and stocked up on their marinated artichokes which were a good price.

Went out for a big burger/fries. Had an $8 off coupon so lunch/dinner was cheap. Our server has taken care of us for many many years and she's moving to AK. We always tipped her nicely. Today is the last time we will see her so we tipped her $20

Yppej
    I am switching banks to get lower fees. It is a big hassle but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Breakfast: toast from the week's loaf of whole grain bread, and eggs.
    Dinner: Hubby is smoking a rack of ribs (removed from freezer yesterday). I just made a mac salad that is chilling. I'll whip up fresh veggies at dinner time.

Monday: I've got shrimp thawing for dinner. Again, veggies from the fridge.

Our CSA is keeping the fridge quite full. It's gotta be veggie week around here!

Price matching works!

I got mangoes for 68 cents each instead of !.48; oranges for 68 cents/lb instead of $!.48; plump Northwest cherries for $1.65/lb instead of $2.99; my favourite Heinz deep browned beans for 99 cents instead of $1.49; Amira dried cranberries for 94 cents/lb less another 30% off, fresh broccoli for 88 cents instead of $1.68; Arm and Hammer baking soda for 99 cents instead of $1.28 and other items as well. I so seldom need many groceries that price checking comparisons are rarely worth it but this time it definitely was.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I am thinking of going gray to save money, time, and exposure to chemicals. I am maybe 33% gray at my crown and 50% at my temples. Given that I am still in the workforce and want to look professional without landing strip roots, I was thinking of maybe gray highlights, though as I understand that would be a two step color process because I am going lighter. Has anyone who has been coloring their hair stopped doing so? How did you do it?

I also like overall silver gray like Jamie Lee Curtis has but then I would have brown roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I also like overall silver gray like Jamie Lee Curtis has but then I would have brown roots.
    And you would be trendy! (Estetica Silversun Jett wig)

Estetica Silversun Jett.jpg

I believe that hair of any colour if well cut and maintained would be acceptable. Do you enjoy the cut/style you have at present? Is there any change that you would like to make?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Lisa Borders style, rather epicine and individualistic...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/18/ar...p-resigns.html

Thread Information