Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Testimony against Trump looking damning.....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    You are right. Americans did liberate Mauthausen. Some of the more recent inmates (being in better physical condition) made a US flag out of sheets, red felt from Nazi banners, and somewhere they found blue cloth - and made a passable US flag. Now THAT was an America to be proud of right there! It's hard for me now to believe that America ever existed. Rob
    Yep, be proud with that third army's segregated units, that when they came back, were not even the second class citizens they were during the war.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Yep, be proud with that third army's segregated units, that when they came back, were not even the second class citizens they were during the war.
    I think the America of the time compared pretty favorably to the empires and totalitarian dictatorships who comprised the major belligerents. It wasn’t World War Woke.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    This article paints a pretty dismal picture on that topic.

https://www.history.com/news/gi-bill...erans-benefits

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The US Third Army did the liberating. Hopefully the surviving occupants were not too disgusted by the nasty, unforgivable American presence. No doubt the local Austrians dressed for the occasion, having discarded any inconvenient uniforms they may have had in their closets.
    This was my laugh for the day.I’m sure they buried those uniforms.

Did Rob write that Pride and Prejudice book, as I thought that was something else?

Thread Information