Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2020 Frugals

Jan05 & Jan 06
    --had a Christmas dinner with Dsis and had everything in the house for the meal
    and, sent her home with a lot of leftovers, she won't need to cook a couple of days,
    Not really frugal but, feels good she is only and not much of a cooker.
    ---Took whole turkey breast left from turkey, a couple cans of mushrooms, a container
    of sour cream dated for today. Made a large quantity of pasta casserole.
    Supper last night and froze 6 nice size meals for later...froze in bowls so like
    my very own Frozen dinners.
    --my most fugal asset is my Dd she shops sale, price matches, collects points
    and coupons for both herself and me.
    Yesterday she got a whole lot of groceries/household stuff and I only owed her
    only $60.00
    --Jan 06 was a no spend, no gas great day of rest and reading etc. very frugal.

Yppej
    I pay $31.88 a month for phone, talk and text only. I do have home wifi and use that not my phone for everything online. Does anyone use a phone only and no wifi? I have wondered would that be less, though it's not practical now with multiple people/devices in the house.

Brunch: baked a garden spaghetti squash and heated up a freezer ratatouille. Topped with a bit of mozzarella from the freezer.
    Dinner: chicken cooked Sunday and finished the roasted cauliflower.
    Snack: mixed nuts

Started another quilt from gifted fabric. A friend gets fabric samples from a friend who sells. She sent me a stuffed large flat rate box several years ago. Many quilts have come out of this.

This week I have finished 2 quilt tops from gifted fabric-African themed. Rectangle Wrangle.jpeg.jpgStep It Up.jpg

Danna: You are a good sister!
    Yppej: We do have home wifi and a landline. We have Tracfone for cell service and pay $16. each per month for talk, text and data. There are usage limits, but they are generous enough to not be an issue for our usage patterns. I know this isn't quite what you asked, but if you keep your wifi, you might still be able to save on your cell service.
    Gardnr: That quilt is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Gardnr: That quilt is beautiful!
    It sure is!!

Love the quilt!

Yppej
    RR how is the Tracfone reception? Do you hit dead zones?

Gardnr, your quilt tops are lovely. Are they machine or hand quilted before donated or sold? I think you mentioned machine quilting once before but I cannot remember if that is your usual practice.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    RR how is the Tracfone reception? Do you hit dead zones?
    TracFone offers service on the big US carriers; the carriers offered to customers depend primarily on which one(s) offers better service at your billing (primary use) address. If you want a different carrier, though, TracFone is part of a conglomerate (América Móvil) that has about lebenty-billion brands, all of which are MVNOs of the other major carriers.

TracFone, like most MVNOs and carrier prepaid brands, does not offer all the roaming agreements postpaid customers get, so there may be some dead spots once you get away from the area where you live. But if you just use your phone around a major metropolitan area and don't need to count on it to find you a tow truck in Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, it'll be fine.

The biggest criticisms of TF (well, all of América Móvil) are about customer service and that phones you buy from them are not readily unlockable for use on non-AM carriers, which ironically increases the total cost of ownership unless you just use your phone until the ink on the buttons wears off.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    Thanks Steve. I do sometimes hike in remote areas so I want reliable service.

Thread Information